Friday, August 17, 2012

Dax is almost 6

8-17-12


Tomorrow my youngest is 6!!!!



Now I just have to make it through today without losing my mind. I feel like I still have tons to do, yet really I probably don’t. It all comes down to making sure I get everything in order for tomorrow, and wondering if I want to attempt the stress of being gone all morning.

The highlight of my day will undoubtedly be cupcake delivery time. I am going to the school at 1:30 to bring the sugar snacks to Dax’s class. We went and got them yesterday. The cashier did manage to flip one of the smaller containers of them, but I didn’t make a big deal. Sadly, I left them on the counter at home for too long before fixing them and two of them in the melting process stuck a little more than I would have wanted. No worries since I know I got more than enough, so I should be fine.


I loved going to the school yesterday. I chatted with various teachers that know me now and even got a warm hug from a student that was in Bobby’s class last year. I loved it. I felt so at peace there. It’s funny, I almost am starting to regret not pursuing one of my ideas for a career choice, which was a teacher. Mind you, I would be a horrid teacher. That being said, it would be wonderful to hang out with all these happy kids all day. I wish I was able to volunteer more at the school. I don’t want to work with the grownups. I want to work with the kids.

The boys and I had a pleasant afternoon. No fighting on homework, even though it was only Dax with work. Bobby had already finished his newsletter project and turned it in (the first kid in the class, mind you!) so he instead helped me with some chores while Dax worked hard on his homework. Then the boys went out and played. It was nice to have them outside and enjoying the sunshine. After dinner, they even went in the pool, which was awesome. It allowed me to work on some AYSO checks.

Brianna seems to be functioning quite well with her peg tail. We were going to check the wound last night but we wanted to give it one more day wrapped so we didn’t mess with her too much, especially since she seems to be doing so well. We are going to check the injury tonight. I am nervous. I really hope this incident doesn’t result in some kind of amputation. Not that I think she will mind, but it would just make me sad that it all happened.



I need to win the lottery or start setting aside money or something. I need a bigger house. I need a house with 4 bedrooms. I am fine with the boys sharing a room still. I like them having a playroom/homework room. But I want a room that I can have all the walls be bookshelves. I keep finding stacks of books in every nook and cranny of my house or desk at work or even in my car. I need to put them somewhere.


I saw this old lady at the school yesterday and she was actually sporting lavender hair. It was freaking awesome. She had to be in her late 60’s, and I don’t know if she did this on purpose or what. It was clear she was mostly grey under it all, but the lavender tones on top of it were fab. I may need to try this hue when I go all gray.



I just emailed a number of places that will make stuffed animals out of your child’s drawings. I have the awesome skeleton that Dax drew me so I am hoping to make it into a doll. If it turns out well, I may also have them each draw some more pictures and maybe have some made for the Grandmothers. It would be unique and awesome.





Crud. It also just occurred to me that when we go out cake shopping this afternoon I need to go get Dax a birthday present. LOL! Not that it is a big deal. In fact, I may just take him to Target and let him pick something out. Not sure yet. I also wanted to take him by Toys R Us for his free balloon and crown. We might go do that on Sunday, though.

Why is life so dang busy?!?!?

No comments: