Thursday, August 23, 2012

Halloween already on the mind

8-23-12


I have decided to just laugh this morning despite it all.

Ok, that makes it sound grimmer than it really is. I am just annoyed this morning. Still dealing with the period after more than a week. I discovered only after I was at my desk at work that my favorite shoes had broken. The good news with that is I have my gym shoes here which actually seem to go better with my current outfit.

I really don't know what this has to do with anything, but I needed to put this somewhere

I also was greeted with an email in which our boss wants to have a brief meeting with the team this morning. I doubt it is bad, but I just find these to be tedious and annoying. Is it so bad that when I am at work, I mostly just want to be left alone?

Clearly this is not going to happen.

Homework last night was a bit more frustrating, but much of it may have come down to my lack of patience with their dinking around. I am hoping tonight is less of an issue. Then again, I do have to test the boys on some items since they have their class test tomorrow and I want them to do well.

My red hair is fading into pink again. Next week I am going to go get brown.


I taught Lucy a fun trick that I am sure will come back to bite me in the ass at some point. She figured out she could leap up from the desk up onto my boobs and shoulders where she could settle down. I started having her do this a few time, incorporating a call with it. Sure, it’s real cute when the tiny 5 pound kitten jumps up on you. I am guessing it is not going to be as endearing when she gets to full size and gives no warning for her leap for love.



I am starting to worry that my face is looking like Granddaddy. I feel like my cheeks are sagging in a way that makes my whole face look slightly shar pei like.



Even though I find my esteem is fighting a losing battle with the hormones, at least I can stand proud as I noticed yesterday this actual muscle tone in my calves. You can see lines and actual definition! It is pretty fucking cool.

I found this picture and it made me think that I need to introduce Bobby to Calvin and Hobbes. Bobby is in fact a little boy with a great imagination who happens to love his own stuffed tiger, Carson, to pieces. Plus, maybe I can get him to be Calvin for Halloween? Ok, not for Halloween since no one at his school will have any idea who it is, but I do need a picture.



I also have this dream of Dax dressing up like Ducky in Pretty in Pink for Halloween. In reality, I want him to dress like Ducky every day. I will show him some clips and see if these are styles he would like. Dax does have the charm to pull of the funky look and they both have a fondness for hats.




I recognize all of this is a pipe dream. I had my first clothing “argument” with Bobby last night. I was helping them by pulling out clothes for tomorrow. I picked out this pair of shorts, which are baggy cloth and plaid. Although the boys like them, both of them agree they are too much like pj’s to wear to school. I disagree, but really, I am not the one wearing them, and I want them to find their own groove. I would be pretty annoyed if someone was telling me what I could and could not wear, especially during such a critical time. I have taught them some of the fundamentals of what does and does not go together, so the rest is kind of up to them. I can guide, not force.

Speaking of Halloween, I really need to start figuring out what I am going to wear. Right now, just to save time and money, I may just wear my giraffe jammies and just make it as costume like as possible. I find this to be cheating, but then again, it would be cute. I still have time, so we will see if inspiration hits me soon.



No comments: