Monday, August 27, 2012

good news

8-27-12


5.7 A1C.



Normal is 6 or less

Goal is less than 7.

Over 7 is not so good at all.



It is still in the pre-diabetes area according to some web sites, and really, since I have diabetes, this makes sense. Either way, it means I am still keeping myself in check. This is numbers after letting myself be a little less strict, too. So I am pretty pleased overall.

I went to obtain these numbers on Saturday. We rode our bikes up to the hospital and went next door to LabCorp to have my now bruised arm poked. It was a good 10 mile ride. I really dig this bike thing. It was a perfect morning for it, too. It wasn’t hot at all, and there is something to be said about crisp morning air when riding your bike. We were back near home at about 8:45, which isn’t too bad at all!



Ken had to go set up soccer fields, so I ended up doing housework. I also cleared out the area under our bedroom window outside. We are going to get some materials to build an enclosure in which the cats will have their own outdoor patio. We will put shelves in there for them to sit on, and one in which the cat pans will go on. We will put in a door to this thing, too, so we can get to said pans. This will accomplish multiple things. It will take cat pan smell to the outside, and it will allow the kitties to get some sunshine and air without the dangers of running around in the street.



Saturday afternoon, we talked about going to the dog beach. The only problem with this was that we ended up with a neighbor health scare. Anthony’s great grandma had a couple of seizures, which resulted in paramedics coming and taking her to the hospital. Ken went down and told them that if they wanted, Anthony could come down and hang with us while they went with her to the hospital. Anthony ended up hanging out with us for a couple hours while the family took care of things. I think it was a good thing for Anthony since he was apparently pretty upset about the whole thing, and a nice distraction in the form of playing with Nerf guns and Lego was just what the doctor ordered.



Sunday was another day of housework. Ken had to go to do more soccer meetings and uniform sorting. The boys just wanted to play in the playroom. Makes sense, especially since I just spent Saturday cleaning it all up and reorganizing parts of it, which made them want to dive in to the “new” toys I had discovered.

I managed to also go through some of the boys’ clothing and my own and put them into yet another donation bag. I am sure there are more clothes that need to be put in this bag, but it is tough to get rid of some of the items.

The biggest part of Sunday was spent when I decided to give every animal a flea bath. All night, I heard every animal scratching and complaining to various degrees about the flea issues. We have put down new boric acid, given the dogs Capstar and yet that horrid heat wave we had seemed to exacerbate the problem. I found the kick ass flea shampoo and noted it was ok for all variety of furry critter we have. I am always impressed when I can manage to bathe one cat, let alone 4 and 2 kittens. I didn’t even get scratched! Don’t get me wrong, they were not thrilled with this adventure, but I think it was a good thing.



One of the benefits of bathing the cats was that it helped drain One10’s jellybean. Girly has had this little knob under her skin by her shoulder blades. It has been there for years. In the past 6 months or so, we have even started keeping track of its size, noting it really has not changed at all. Although size has not changed much, the feel of it has. It used to be much harder, but over time it was almost a bit more squishy. On Saturday evening, I was scritching her when I noticed discharge. I squeezed, and this gray, pasty matter came out. We drained some of it further, and it was almost like she had just dirt in it. When I gave her a bath, most of it came out with almost no effort at all, leaving her with no jellybean. She didn’t seem too bothered by all of this, so we have been keeping the area clean and will continue to monitor.

Even though the whole thing seemed funky, what with squeezing out this gray material out of this jellybean on her, it was nothing compared to when we removed IO’s nipples. LOL!

This makes my house with 8 clean critters, 2 clean boys, a lot of laundry done, and most of the house clean. Yay! I was productive, and I am always happy about that.

Funky week ahead of me. Although tonight looks to be pretty average, tomorrow night is Back to School night. Friday is a no school day, which means I only have to fight with the boys over homework for 3 days, which is a welcome thing.

I also have my reports tomorrow, which always makes for a busy day. Sadly, it means I won’t be able to do my workout since I will be way too busy. I could probably tear myself away, so we will see. It might be a good thing.

No comments: