Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I will do pictures starting tomorrow

8-14-12


My boys are both in real grades!!

School starts this morning. Dax seemed in better spirits about it last night, but he is still declaring his hate for school, mostly because he doesn’t like homework. I understand his hate. I hate homework, too. I probably need to curb my disgust with the amount they have, at least in front of them since it only makes it worse for them. I am scared as to how many hours a week I have ahead of me with epic fights due to the quantity of work they will have when we get to the house.

I hope that the teachers are not bombarded with parents when we pick them up. I would like to introduce ourselves, even though they know us just because many of the teachers know who we are now. I also would like a chance to go introduce myself to the principal if at all possible.

I promised Dax that after school we would go to Target so he could use the gift card he got for his birthday from Grammie. He has his heart set on a Hulk mask for some reason. Works for me, since it is his money and who am I to deny someone something strange like that, right?

Yesterday was filled with gobs of AYSO paperwork when I got home. It really wasn’t a huge deal, but the heat was making me cranky. Thankfully I finished it all in time to go to the grocery store before the guys from the AYSO board came over to sign some of the paperwork.

I was finally able to upload all of the pictures I took in Ireland. I know Ken has a bunch I need to get off of his iPad, so hopefully I can get those done today. I also have a couple of photos I need to scan. The tour group had a picture taken of all of us which they gave us all a nice copy of, and I have the official photos from the Blarney Stone. I like that one of me since I am lying down in such a way that I actually look at myself and don’t think I am fat. Yay!

The Dax party is getting organized, sort of. He keeps changing his mind on the theme, but it really doesn’t matter too much since ultimately it is just kids playing in our backyard, eating pizza (he changed his mind from hot dogs to pizza), and playing in the pool.

I am anxious to get the school schedule today. Updating my calendar with their days off will be helpful, especially since I would like to plan our trip to Legoland. It may end up being on a weekend no matter what, but if we don’t have to, I will be happy. My parents took them and there was a second ticket, so we have until the end of the year to go. We have been contemplating Christmas Eve since that was kind of the joke that my mom was saying. She was explaining to the boys they had till Christmas to go again. I think it would be a rather enjoyable Christmas eve. Thinking about it, too, perhaps we should go on Thanksgiving! Hmmm….



No comments: