Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Now with pictures!

8-15-12


No tears!!

Ken walked the boys to their classes and both of them ended up seeing friends which put them instantly at ease. Sadly, Benjamin, the one I was most excited that Dax might become close with again apparently was indifferent about the past friendship. Then again, he looked to be pretty quiet in general when I got there in the afternoon. But Tristan, the kid we have not been thrilled with was in Dax’s class, and was genuinely happy to see Dax, so how could I possibly not like the kid, right? Plus, the happy Dax was able to go into class with no problems.



Apparently Mr. Williams already knew who Dax was, so that is pretty awesome. I was introduced to him when I picked the boys up, and as he pointed out, he also already knew me. I take all of this as a good thing.



There was of course homework last night, however it was pretty simple overall. Bobby had to write some numbers and work on a newsletter. I expected a similar style packet to what Bobby used to get last year for Dax, but instead, Mr. Williams had an interesting approach. The kids all now have Homework Books in which they appear to write down daily what their homework is for the night. I like this approach. It puts more ownership on the kids to know what they need to do that night, and it means I don’t have to decipher a packet. The parents also have to sign off on each page in that book to say their kid did the work. I like it!



Dax did fight me on the homework a bit. I kind of expected it, and sadly with the heat and hormonal imbalance I am dealing with, I was probably just as grouchy about it as he was. Hopefully tonight when they do their homework at their freshly cleaned desks (Ken is cleaning the playroom for me today), it will go smoother. We also got a later start what with us having gone to Target after school for Dax to use his gift card.



I felt quite proud of Bobby there. We were looking at Star Wars toys when a woman came over to look too. She said she was shopping for her 5 year old grandson who loves Star Wars, but sadly she was clueless when it came to all of it. Bobby ended up helping her out, showing her good action figures, including pointing out one that was really good because it was rare. She was impressed, and even complimented his vocabulary. She told us she was a teacher so she appreciated kids using their words well. I beamed with pride. She also was amused at my three boys fawning over the Star Wars universe and pointed out that I have three kids. I didn’t disagree. LOL!



We lucked out in our going to Target, too, since they had a sale on action figures in which you got this packet of their little Star Wars squinkee type guys for free. The boys love those things, and series two just came out, so it was all happy making.



I am anxious to get into the gym this morning. I am considering going in there early so it isn’t as hot, but honestly I think even at 6:45 I think the room is probably already hot and stuffy. I will get to work out longer since the boss is out today. This is a good thing.

I have some general cleaning to do in the house since there will be kids at the house. I am thinking I may need to lock up the dogs in the kids room for the afternoon since Dylan is afraid of dogs. I don’t know yet. Lycos will be more than happy to do this, but Luna loves people and kids, so we shall play it by ear.

Tomorrow night I need to go get cupcakes for Dax’s class. I had wanted to go over to party city and get some fun toppers. Maybe I will just go to the dollar tree. I don’t have a theme for Saturday since Dax has yet to figure one out. I may have Ken stop at Dollar Tree on the way home from the coaches training he has to do in the morning and to get some balloons for the party.



I need to get Dax a present, too. Sheesh, so much to do!!! Luckily I know many things that he wants. He wants these Hulk glove things they have at Target. He also wants the giant Avengers action figures to match his Iron Man. Yay easy!






It is only 7. I hope this day speeds up!

No comments: