Thursday, August 30, 2012

June 11

8-30-12




Not trying to be political or anything, but shouldn’t the Republican convention postpone their little love fest and maybe send everyone to New Orleans to help out? And if the Democrats were smart, they would be there since everyone who is anyone in the Republican party is rockin out at their little party.



I was looking through Huffington Post and they had an article on memorable photos from the Vietnam War. The first image was this:



I had seen it a million times before, always impressed with his self-sacrifice in the name of protest. I had not ever seen the date before. June 11 1963. 12 years before I would be born on that same date in the month of June. I am certainly not suggesting that I am somehow reincarnated or anything hokey like that. It just struck me as one of those wow moments in which this was way more important than any birthday I will ever have.

Apparently George Wallace was also an uber asshole on that day in 1963.



I personally like to look at a better thing that happened that day.





My ride to the dentist was fucking awesome. I had originally clocked it out at 12 miles. Ken pointed out it was actually closer to 16. I. Kick. Ass. It wasn’t easy, as there were actually quite a bit of hilly madness closer to the final destination, along with the blazing sun and some tough wind to content with, but I made it, both ways, without incident or injury.

I spent the rest of the day at home and watched several Mad Men episodes. I figured I earned a little down time before I had to pick up the boys. Sadly, I did find myself get quite worked up. My beloved Mad Men had a guest star in the form of this small little shit head I went to school with. In all fairness, I hardly remember him from Costa, but I do remember when he worked at Blockbuster, and I remember Jenni having to hold me back from beating the fuck out of him. Danny Strong, an arrogant fucktard was being disrespectful an rude to an overly angsty and equally arrogant manager at the BBV. Oh, that manager would be me. He was sitting on the counter, a huge no no there, and I asked him to get down. Instead, he was a jerk and essentially telling me to fuck off. I was livid. He had always been like that on every shift, and thankfully he didn’t work there for long. I don’t know that I have ever been so annoyed with someone’s success, especially since in all fairness, the guy may be nice and it was just one of those days that tainted my views forever. He has been on several shows, including Buffy and even my beloved HIMYM. Beyond that, he wrote the well-received and award winning Recount. It is an unnatural cartoon hate that I have for him.



Stupid IMDB also mentions that on June 11, 2003 he has a quote of “Only on Buffy can you get killed and do three more episodes.” Why couldn’t he have been quoted on that like a day later???



No comments: