Wednesday, August 29, 2012

stupid tooth

8-29-12


Stupid tooth.

I have one of those cool metal straws at work in my water and I went to take a sip yesterday and kind of bit down to grab the straw. I heard the crunch, and felt the spec hit my tongue and I hoped I had actually broke the straw. Not so much.

My front tooth has a little split in it. Truly, you would not notice it unless you really looked, but I notice it since it is in my mouth. FUCK.

I am leaving today at 8 to go down to the dentist to see what he can do to fix it. The only positive out of this will be that I am going to ride my bike there, allowing me a nice 12 mile ride round trip.

At least the rest of my evening was good. Back to School night was nice. I really like both teachers, and from what I can tell, both teachers really like the boys. Ms. Jenkins said Bobby is delightful and seems really taken with his personality. She said that as of right now nothing stands out good or bad with him. When I did look through some of his work, I do see he needs to work on keeping up, but it sounds like many kids need to learn this part. They will be doing shit tons of writing, and I have been assured that starting next week there will be more homework. Fuck.

Mr. Williams said Dax is really good and even when he might zone out or stop paying attention for a minute, it only takes him saying his name once and he is back in. Plus, Dax seems to have been doing well in class, too. They had a coloring packet that they have to finish in order to get their science book, and Dax already has his because he already finished his coloring and it was good enough to get the book. Yay!

I did determine that I need to start having the boys write more. Both teachers said that writing will be huge, so I may need to have them do even more than what they are doing now at home. I may have them write more letters to people since it is a big part of 2nd grade starting second semester. This will give both boys a good jump start on the process. I took notes last night and I am hoping to really help the boys at home. I need to be more active with their homework.

Also, it has been determined Mr. Williams is awesome. He has a background in Special Ed along with Art and teaching. He has been at Halldale since 1982. That is pretty freaking cool. I also don’t understand how that is possible since he looks pretty young to me. Then again, I can never tell age.



No comments: