Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Stress Storm

8-21-12


It is never a good morning when the car doesn’t start.

I made it to work in the van. I am a little concerned that I will make it home, or at the very least to a gas station this afternoon, but we will make it work.

The problem with all of this is that it is just gasoline on this already full blown stress fire I seem to be dealing with. I felt like I was busy from the second I got up yesterday at 4 all the way to lying down at some point after the boys went to bed. It was everything from gobs of work related annoyance to when I got home I had AYSO issues and homework to deal with and making dinner and cleaning critter cages and housework and it was hot, and now I am rambling into how my head was about to explode yesterday. It doesn’t help either that I feel hormonal still. My period has been going for about a week in this kind of off and on configuration that is getting downright annoying. I feel off and almost panic attacky and it is getting old.



What is really funny is that in reality, I should be feeling all cocky right now. Many of the issues I have been dealing with have been someone coming to me, lacking in all the information they need to figure something out. My boss comes to me on a spreadsheet, convinced the data is wrong. Yet in reality, he was actually looking at the wrong spreadsheet. The registrar from AYSO comes to me assuming I never let him know about a refund request, yet I was able to quickly produce an email that he was a part of showing he knew about it. I am on top of things like some kind of super woman, yet instead of it making me feel powerful, I am just frustrated. I sometimes wish people would stop and think before opening their mouth.



There were some silver linings to my cloud cover. We headed out to our closest Goodwill yesterday with the hopes to find soccer cleats for Bobby, who had outgrown his shoes from last year. Ken was ready to give up after scanning the shoes and only seeming to see baseball shoes. I put on my super shopper eyes and found several pair of shoes, 2 pair of which fit him. I probably should have picked up both, but so far we have been pretty lucky while Goodwill shopping. Soccer cleats for kids this age also never go bad when they are turned in to the donation centers. It is that kids outgrow them after a season, and they barely get broken in, let alone destroyed. So for $5 instead of $30, it is a bargain!



While in the Goodwill, I also thumbed through the dresses, and Bobby spotted a wedding dress. Both boys thought I should have it and that I could wear it to work, which was pretty damn awesome. Then Bobby said that I should just wear it to my next wedding. I pointed out that I was happy with the current husband and was hoping another wedding wasn’t in my future. He said he was bummed he didn’t get to go to the first wedding and said we should have another one so he and Dax could go. He said we could invite all of our friends and family, except as he said, the dead ones. He decided we could do it at a wedding place or the beach. He is such a trip.



It also looks as though their homework so far is not nearly as frustrating as last year. Dax has to turn in his homework nightly, and truly, there is gobs less than what Bobby had last year. I was reading one of my parent magazines and it said 1st grade should have about 15 to 30 minutes of homework a night, closer to 15. 2nd grade was to have no more than 30 minutes. I think we are much closer to that time. Bobby has a packet again, but it is not as hectic overall. Of course, I might be jumping the gun on this assessment, but I feel good about this year.


Next Tuesday is their Back to School night, which is awesome that it is so close to the start of the year this time. The plan will be to all go and let the boys go play on the playground while we go to the classrooms. Should be doable. We will have to cancel practice next week, but I think we should be ok with that. Maybe we can reschedule.

Brianna’s tail is good. She is no longer in a bandage, but I keep cleaning her tail, making sure it looks good. She has feeling on it, but we worry that there are spots she doesn’t feel due to nerve damage. Of course, it doesn’t help that while we examine her she tends to just sit back and purr no matter what we do.

Ken is the hero in U8 this week. We were going to have to disband a team tomorrow night, but due to a registrar error, and Ken’s quick thinking, we have a coach and full team ready to go. One of the players originally on the team had moved regions, and had even already been refunded. This left an opening on the team for a player. Ken had the brilliant idea to call someone on the waiting list of players to tell them their kid could totally play, if the parent would step up and coach. Ken’s first call resulted in a coach and new player. WOO!



We will have a new neighbor in Margie’s old house next week. It is a couple without kids. I really hope they don’t mind them. We also found out that Maria opted out of buying Mike’s old house since they have decided to not allow the full year of wait time originally agreed on. There were people looking at the place last night, which means we will also have new people to the other side of us. Breaking in 2 new neighbors should be interesting. The dogs will have to figure out they don’t need to bark whenever someone “new” is in the yards and the boys will need to be respectful and not use their driveways until it is ok. I just hope we are not too loud.


I did my 30 minutes on the treadmill yesterday and it was freaking awesome. I was a mess after, especially since the gym is like a sauna these days. But it was nice to really get a good workout in. I figure I will need to do a lap or two tonight at practice. We need to get these kids in shape, which in turn means getting me in shape. I will get in my treadmill this morning and soccer tonight. Woo!



I suppose I should tackle this work thing.

No comments: