Thursday, September 19, 2013

A light

9-19-13

Arg! I be outta rum on this day!

I didn’t come in yesterday. Probably a good thing for multiple reasons. My stomach was pretty upset in the morning. That being said, I was able to get so much done. I worked on laundry like a crazy woman. I also cleaned the shit out of the boys’ room. I did the kitchen and living room as well. I also was able to change out the kittens from their smaller cage into the larger cage. I spent some quality time with them as well, producing gobs of purrs. All of this work on the house allowed me to de-stress quite a bit.

I ended up opting to ride my bike over to Steve when it was time. I thought the bit of exercise would be good and since Ken was going over there in the van I figured there was no need for 2 cars. It was so nice to get out like that!

We picked up some primer for Steve. The master bedroom and guest room are almost ready for their first coat. It may even happen as soon as today? The kitchen also needs a coat. We also made arrangements for Lowe’s to come out and measure for carpet. We picked the colors and everything. That part will be done in about 3 weeks, which I love since it means that we have a deadline. That tends to light a fire! YAY!
Jim is working on the walls in the bathroom. It looks like it is coming along nicely. I heard Ken mention he has to call the tile guy to schedule it so that sounds like we are close to that as well. My folks are also getting new doors for all the rooms so they have panels instead of flat. In theory the windows should also be arriving shortly.

Apparently we have spent about $30K or so on renovations. We have about $15K more or so. Not too bad when you really think about it. Since the house cost $499 we really are paying $550 total, which is how much a house would have been move in ready. Plus we end up getting the house like we want. I am taking this as a win.

I see the light!!!!!


No comments: