Monday, September 9, 2013

so very much to do!!

9-9-13

Happy birthday, Dad!!

Holy fuck I hurt. Even though using the kick ass jack hammer like tool is freaking awesome, it hurts the next couple days. Thank goodness our plumber had it, though. He heard me trying to break apart this one wall with a hammer and chisel and he took pity on me. LOL! No, he actually is really fantastic, but yes, he did lend me his tool which made it go much quicker. It was a good thing, too, since I had smashed my thumb twice with the hammer and was in gobs of pain.

Friday was a dream comes true. We walked into the school and it was the parents’ equivalent of Disneyland. I felt welcomed and I could actually tell this was a group of people that I would be happy to spend the next few years with.

We found their names on the class lists pretty easily. I have to admit, I really did expect to not see them. This all still feels surreal and I keep expecting someone to wake me up. We went and met their teachers. Both were lovely. Mr. Chin is Bobby’s teacher. Mrs. Senechal is Dax’s teacher.

We were able to hang up their backpacks and the boys could go play on the playground for a bit. This is the schedule. They can be dropped off at 8:30 each morning, play for 20 minutes, and then they can go to class. I love this. It is more time they can run around, which is wonderful. They now will get 20 minutes in the morning, a 15 minute recess, a 45 minute lunch, and ANOTHER 10 minute recess!! Seriously, I am dying from happy here!

Both boys were ok going into the classrooms. There was some iffy times in which they both looked teary, but they kept it together. I was very proud of them. Of course, today will be a different time since it is one in which no parent can walk them to the classroom, but we will manage.

We picked them up and they were super thrilled. They told me they both already have friends and it turns out we know the parents! Yay soccer! I was shocked at how many people in the school we know. It makes for an easier transition for everyone. One of the kids from our team last year is in Bobby’s class! It is all kinds of good.

I had homework. LOL! I had to fill out all their emergency cards. In addition to that, though, the teachers each had something for me to do that would give them some insight to my children. Mrs. Senechal had a questionnaire that I filled out that had me answering questions about Dax’s weaknesses and strengths. Mr. Chin wanted a letter telling all about Bobby along with other details about his schooling and what we hope for as a family with his class. I was now so excited I could hardly contain myself. Needless to say, it is all filled out and already in their folders this morning.

I thought Back to School night was this week, but I am seeing on the schedule it isn’t for a couple weeks. I emailed the school (yeah, I am super jazzed about that, too!!!) to make sure I know.

Steve had a lot of work done. The electrical is all done. The damage is there, though. Poor Steve has been cut and sliced. We have someone who will be repairing it, but it still looks freaky. The plumbing is pretty much done, too. There are only a couple more hours left of work with that.

The stove and microwave have been installed! YAY! My mom is doing the primer coat in the kitchen this morning. I spent a lot of time taping up the living room in order to paint. I am thinking of putting out the call for help on that. I figure a lot of people have offered to help, and painting isn’t too hard, just time consuming. So if I get everything set up to paint, I can just ask for people to come to a painting party! YAY!

Grammie saw Steve and she said she really liked it. It is very much her style of house. In fact, I could see her having lived in a place like this at some point. She told me they looked at houses near there back a long time ago.

Today looks busy, but I made it so because I was tired of stressing. I have a shit ton of paperwork to do. I am letting Ken take the boys to soccer tonight and I can work on all of my stuff.

I need more boxes, too. I am going to hopefully get the rest of Steve’s kitchen lined with the contact paper sometime this week.  If I can get this done, I am going to bring over some of the items in my kitchen I am not using. I already started planning out where everything is going to go. Holy crap there is so much more room now.

Soccer games start Saturday morning. I am excited! I have to run back and forth between fields, which will be hectic. I also am going to have to Ken take Dax to his game during the last half of Bobby’s game. This works ok. Bobby and I will be there before the game starts so it should be ok. Plus, games will be done by 11:30 or so, which gives me the rest of the day to work on things. Ken will be at the field all day.

Friday night we got to go to dinner with Stephanie’s family for Sabrina’s birthday. I love that we got to do something with Sabrina since her birthday party was going to be something quite girly. They had an adorable little tea party on Saturday. Yes, the boys would have probably dressed up to some degree, but who wants stinky little boys around when you can be a princess! LOL!

Ken starts classes today. He only has the one, but it does mean everything in our house is getting even more hectic. If we can keep on track this week, we will have windows going in and drywall will start getting repaired. I would also then like to get up the panels in the family room. With that nail gun it is so much easier! Then we can get carpet going.


I need to be home!

No comments: