Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Progress galore!

9-25-13

I really wish that kids in school would be given a class on effective communication concerning voicemail.

The boss is driving me nuts. I don’t mind a request for a report. That is very reasonable. But to decide to have me do the report, which takes  some time, and then every time I give it to him is when he decides he wants something else tweaked on it is just unprofessional. I do the report. He says it’s perfect. 10 minutes later he asks for me to change it. He has now done this 6 times. I may have to hit him.

My bedroom red is AWESOME. There is only one coat so far but I love it. I am quite pleased with my color choices. I know they are not what most people would pick, but I don’t give a fuck. It’s my house, dammit. My dad asked me if I was Mexican. Apparently they paint their homes bright colors like I do. It may explain the Mexican food love I have. LOL!

Ken has up most of the panels in the family room. He won’t be at Steve much today since he has a class, but I would say they have made tremendous progress. The windows showed up yesterday. The one for my kitchen is HUGE! It looks like a giant fish tank. Holy fuck, I am excited. I figure it is at least 3 cat piles big.
It looks as though Halloween will be going to her new home on Friday. Yay! Both the kittens are doing quite well. They are eating formula like champs and even consuming wet food. They are learning how to clean themselves, which I am quite thrilled about. I think I may need to go to Bobby’s practice on Thursday and bring them so that I can show off Orangy. Perhaps that will get her adopted as well. It’s too bad we have so many cats since I think that Lucy and Breezer would like their very own kitten. Lucy in particular is quite fond of her mini-me. We would need to call her Ethel.

I am happy that my calendar is not full this weekend. Games are both in the morning, which means by noon I am done soccering for the day. I want to take over Lego and storage bins to Steve.
Dax reads too fast. Mrs. Senechal told me yesterday that he was adding syllables to the end of words when he would read out loud. I sat with Dax and really paid attention to his reading. I could see what she was saying. It was almost as if he was saying “um” in-between each word. When I had him slow down, only reading the word when my finger was on it, he was fine. He said I was going too slow, which I agree, but we have to slow it all down before we can speed up again. Luckily this is just something to practice. Mrs. Senechal mentioned that whatever it is, she could recommend a speech therapist. I think it is just a matter of practice. He gets too wound up when doing things and does them too fast. When he takes his time, he does things much better. I understand all too well. This means he and I will need to really work on this.

I am looking forward to Back to School night tomorrow if only so I can talk to Mr. Chin about the homework. Bobby has this one assignment that I just don’t understand. It looks like we are doing it right, but his lack of instructions is quite frustrating. I appreciate that teachers want their students to pay attention and to be able to relay information to the parents on how to do things, but the only way you know if this works is if you also let the parents in on it so they know the student is relaying the right info.

No soccer practice tonight, which is awesome. I think we will do homework at Eydie. There isn’t as much room in some ways, but it will mean I can do some light housework. I also think I need to get the boys to help out with some things.

I just finished the book by the girl that Roman Polanski raped. I have to say, she is an incredibly bright woman and I am glad she told her side of what took place. It certainly changed my mind on some things that took place. I had always assumed her mother was an idiot for letting her 13 year old daughter go off with some 43 year old man. When you start to understand the dynamic and what was going on, it isn’t as bad as that. Her mom wasn’t evil, and sure, she may have been a bit naive, but that is no reason that she should be punished further after what happened to her daughter. I still feel that no justice was served. The judge in the case was a horrid person and it is a shame that the legal system makes it so that this girl felt not prosecuting to the full extent of the law was a better option for privacy concerns.

I am hoping to get enough money for the boys’ fundraiser this week to make it so they both get a soccer ball as one of their prizes. It is an exercise fundraiser. Essentially people are paying the boys $5 to run for 25 minutes. LOL! I have donations totaling about $25 each I think at this point. I think we need to get them to $50 if I remember correctly. I am debating still on if I want to go down there to watch. We will see.


Why is work in the way today. LOL! 

No comments: