Friday, September 27, 2013

Cloud 9

9-27-13

I am so happy!!!

Look, I knew that I would be happier in this school district. I knew from the first day of school that I would enjoy the school. After last night, I am pretty sure I died and went to school heaven.

Mr. Chin is very soft spoken and gentle. He has 11 years of teaching experience and I can understand why Bobby really likes him. He originally wanted to do scientific studies in Alaska, but ended up falling in love with teaching. He is quite sweet and I know he will be able to really inspire Bobby to do his best. It was a great presentation. He listed the things they would be doing and I feel much better about the homework. They are not looking for perfection. They are looking for kids to try! YAY!

Mrs. Senechal is adorable. I can see how Dax would gravitate towards her. She is even less interested in homework than I am! She even talked about how worksheets and the tedious paperwork isn’t teaching kids. Ken actually had to ask me if I needed a tissue because I almost starting crying with joy.

In Bobby’s class, I think we know like half the parents. LOL! Moms from last year’s soccer team, parents from the soccer board, parents we met from PTA. It was like I had been there since Kinder. I honestly feel like I won the lottery right now.

I did spend both presentations feverishly writing notes on what I need to do at home for the kids. When I get focus on things I get a little silly. I think I looked like the crazy mom, whereas Ken said I looked like one of the parents who really cares.

We got home by about 8:30 where I got to talk to the boys for a bit before bed. I am kicking myself since I meant to show them how Mr. Chin taught the class the song and hand thing for Hot Cross Buns, which made me smile and I know they will love that I learned it!

My happy meter is in overload. As if the wonderful night at the school wasn’t enough, I saw Steve get some tremendous progress! His kitchen window is in. The stove has been pushed in all nice with its new backing. Ken did a lot of the new lighting for in there. The bathrooms are now textured and ready for paint! The family room is all paneled. Seriously, Steve always felt like home to me and with each passing day it is getting even better!

And now the cherry on top! Halloween kitty is going to her new home tonight. I will miss her, but she will have a wonderful family to enjoy her. And now Orangy has a potential new kitty mommy! Sarah saw her pic on Facebook and gravitated towards her. She is going to come meet her either tonight or tomorrow. I am pretty sure she will fall deeply in love and they will be a match made in heaven. I am so very pleased at how well this has worked out!!!

Did I mention I am feeling groovy????

I feel ready for this weekend. Two early games tomorrow which does kill the morning, but I will be able to work on getting the living room prepped for primer. I also need to clean up the kitchen so we can put down the protective plastic for painting in there. I also can start the primer coats in the bathrooms. I would like to get them painted before the tile guys get there so that we don’t have to stress about getting paint on the tile. Those windows will go in next week. I need to pick colors. I was considering wallpaper from Spoonflower, but I think I will just go with paint so that I can always change the theme when I feel like it. Plus, the boys seem so very dead set against pirate, so I may need to evolve that somewhat. Although, we did all discuss how cool it would have been with a pirate themed bathroom to make the tub look like a big wooden pirate ship.

So yes, I have gobs of work ahead of me this weekend, but Steve is looking closer and closer to being move in ready. I don’t know how well I am going to sleep that first night there. I may be too giddy!!


No comments: