Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Down

9-17-13

It can’t be a good sign for the day when the entire network is down at work before 5 am.
The downed network sadly even keeps me off the net which would at least be a better way to waste time. Instead I am stuck with going through my old email folders to clean up. Bleah. I am hopeful it will be corrected quickly if only because twiddling my thumbs will not make me happy.

Jim started work on the bathroom yesterday. There are actually walls up now! Not all, but it is something, right? Hopefully Ken can prep our bedroom today so we can primer it.

I was at Steve yesterday and I looked around me, watching others work. I felt wrong. I wanted to pitch in. I thought I would try my hand at something. I thought I would try to replace the kitchen faucet. As I started in on it, both my dad and Ken told me it wasn’t an easy task. I was offended, but after only a little while I saw what they meant. I didn’t have the right tools and really, not enough time since I still needed to pick up the kids. I hate feeling like my hands are tied.

Yesterday had me at my boss’s desk for way too long. He wanted to know how to do this one report. He thought it was a 2 step process. He didn’t realize the complexities of said report. This is a report I do often and have down to a science. Part of me wondered if he did this little training session to show me that when he asks me to do a report it needs to be done since training him is more of a pain than just doing it. Of course, that would indicate I am giving him more credit than I am sure he deserves.

The kittens are doing well. They ate some moist kitten food, which seemed like a good sign. They still wanted some formula, which was more than reasonable. They also got to play in the kitten containment unit for a while. Lycos thinks the kittens are awesome. She clearly should have had her own kitten a long time ago. The kittens are totally intrigued by her, too. They walk up to her and try to climb on her. It is adorable.
We have soccer practice tonight. I am thinking that I will swing by home first and get their gear. I have to feed the kittens anyway, so I might as well just get everything needed for practice. This way we can just go straight from Steve.


I have no idea if I will be able to post this. 

No comments: