Monday, September 16, 2013

Kittens and Soccer

9-16-13

Can we get something on the ballet about making 3 day weekends mandatory?

The season start had me in a tizzy Friday night. I was ready when you looked at all of the items I had in place for the two games, but I just felt off. I ended up taking one of my Xanax to calm down. I sat with Ken while he worked on the banner and watched a couple of Breaking Bad episodes. I finally crawled into bed to get some sleep. Poor Ken was up till midnight working on the banner. It looks awesome!

Saturday morning wasn’t as hectic as I had feared. Ken went to Levy early and I took the boys. Bobby and I went to Hull after dropping Dax off. I helped set up the field and filled out the game card for Coach Lou. I was surprised when I noted that my name is on the banner, too. I guess Team Mom gets to be cool! LOL!
The game was great! Lou did get a little worked up a couple times, but it was mostly ok. I had a hard time not coaching Bobby a couple times. I also toned down my cheering per Bobby’s request. I had told him earlier how much I love watching him play. He said I cheer too much. Oh well, I suppose that is better than not enough.

We ran over to Dax’s game after. I ended up being the AR on our sideline, which was fine. Jerry was center and John was the other linesman, so they both were great to work with. Actually, John was laughing since he said that most of the time linesman are supposed to be impartial but I was cheering like crazy. LOL! Jerry and I kept making jokes during, so it was a lot of fun.

Dax apparently can do a drop kick from one goal to the other. Holy fuck! The first kick he made actually had all the spectators, coaches and refs stop in shock. It was AWESOME! He did this several times more. My little athletic wonder is so amazing.

Bobby’s team won. Dax’s team scored a few times, but still lost. That being said, both were great games. This week’s games won’t be as hectic what with one at 9 and the other at 1:30.
When I arrived at Levy I was introduced to the kittens we would be fostering. Apparently this guy almost ran them over on his way to the field. He would foster them but he was already taking care of some. This isn’t our first time in the cat rodeo so I knew we would be fine. They are about 3 weeks old, and cuter than cute. During our errands after the game, they stayed in our bathtub. We now have them in one of our cages.
The guy who brought them gave us some formula and kitten food so I didn’t have to go out and get that, which was nice. They ate well and are very affectionate. I already have purrs a plenty. I also seem to have picked up my standing rock. You know the one where you hold some critter or little person and start swaying back and forth absentmindedly. Yeah, I do that.

The boys ended up playing with them in an IKEA bin which they couldn’t get out of easily. They also helped me when I bathed them by holding and petting the little kitten burritos I made to keep them warm. It was nice!

Saturday night I went out with Kam to Sgt. Peppers in Long Beach. It was a much needed night out. Her friend was playing that night. He was really nice, as was his piano partner. It was a very fun time, although my throat is paying for it all. Between soccer cheers, yelling over the noise in the bar, and the smoke coming in through the bar patio my throat is fried.

Sunday we were at Torrance El from 10 till 1. We had team photos, which meant two different time slots for the boys, and then after that we had the board picture. On the plus side, I got to hang out with Jerry and his lovely wife Nicole. They are awesome! At one point we all discussed making a “green” gardening service where instead of lawn mowers we should use goats.

Nicole and their daughter fell in love with the calico kitten that they have now dubbed Halloween. She will be going home with them in a few weeks once she is weaned off of the formula. Yay! There is a mom on Dax’s team who also seems interested. She was hovering near the kittens the whole time during Dax’s game. Clearly I need to bring kittens to the field in order to facilitate adoption! LOL!

Ken had to ref a game, which allowed the boys and I to straighten up our current living quarters. It was a sty and a half. I am looking forward to some normalcy.

We had a Lowe’s run after he got home. We picked up the green board and other wall materials for the bathrooms. Both are getting worked on starting today, which is very exciting. The material was super fucking heavy, and dropping a couple of the green boards on one’s foot isn’t recommended. Just sayin.
I am not going to Bobby’s practice tonight. Ken can take the boys and I can work on the house. There are domestic duties that need to be done.

I have to find something else to watch today in the gym. I caught up on all of my Breaking Bad that is on Netflix. There are some movies on there I have been meaning to watch so perhaps that will be the route I can take. I am hoping to be able to power through the last of the Tivo episodes this week. The last episode is on the 29th.

I am sore and tired this morning. I feel happy, though, that I was able to have a yummy sandwich this morning for breakfast. I picked up some turkey and ham and had that. YUM! Lots of protein and less calories than I have been consuming. This is a good thing.

Hopefully after school today, we can get the bedroom ready for primer. I want to get things done and I am getting frustrated. I know it will happen, but I just hate feeling like my arms are tied.


Here’s to a good week!

No comments: