Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Big Day at Steve

9-3-13

One more weekend closer to Steve!

I feel like I worked every muscle in my body this weekend. From Thursday to last night I was doing things. I know we sat for a while, but I think that was taxing.

Thursday night was Bobby’s practice. Thankfully, Dax was more than welcome to practice along with them. This is a good thing since he was pretty upset with the idea of sitting on the sideline. He also was not interested in what my plan was, which was to walk the track around the field for the length of practice. Yay! I walked for 90 minutes. Each lap was a third of a lap. I did an ok pace. I ended up being joined by the coach’s daughter, a 16 year old who was not as fast as me. She was chatty, which was fine. It was also pretty interesting to hear the points of view from that world when I am now the age I am. She was pretty clueless in a lot of ways. Thankfully, she was also receptive to advice, so this gave her points. She seemed impressed with the amount of pop culture from her world I was familiar with. She did try to make it out like she knew more, indicating things like how she listened to oldies all the time. I mentioned Buddy Holly and she didn’t know who he was. Sigh.

Friday had me at the lab in the morning. I had to get some blood work done for my appointment today. After I was done there,  I went to Steve where I got to see the kitchen floor being put in. It is very pretty. I am quite pleased with it.

The rest of Friday and pretty much all of Saturday I felt like I was moving boxes and furniture. We had the yard sale which netted about $270. Not too bad in all, but not as great as I had hoped in terms of getting rid of stuff. I am always appalled at these yard sale people. They try to haggle on pricing for everything. I would have a candle stick holder for $.50 and they would offer a quarter. They would ask Ken for a price and then come to me to see if I would do something else. They were ruthless, and acted dumb. Sure, a lot of them didn’t speak a ton of English, but most of them pretended to speak less than they did in order to get us to give them a break. I wasn’t in it for money, mind you, but I also don’t care for people being such blatant assholes.

Dax sold his see saw airplane to Maria for $50. He had been on the fence about it, but I think he loved being able to sell it to her as opposed to someone else. He also liked the money, which he and Bobby split. Said money ended up going towards these Minecraft action figure guys they had been coveting for some time. I had planned on ordering them, but shockingly they happened to have two of them at Target. It was fate.
The rest of the stuff (except for strollers and the two beds) was loaded into the truck and taken over to Savers. I was quite pleased with them. We checked out their store and I love how they have everything organized for a thrift store. They actually have clothing organized by size!! Plus, the toys were well done. They have everything in these little grab bags. It was very smart. I was happy to donate a crap ton of stuff to them. They took EVERYTHING! This shocked me. Goodwill and Salvation Army are much more picky, so it was nice to be able to get rid of everything so easily.

We put up a bunch of panels in the living room. We also did some basic domestic chores which had been neglected for a while. It is moving along. Today a lot will be done at Steve which will hopefully jump start some of the more stagnant areas of this adventure. The electrician is coming today (finally!!). Ken is having him work on the kitchen first so that we can get that room done. Once the electrical is done in there, we can work towards putting in the appliances. The plumber comes today, too, so hopefully all of the good stuff will be done by week’s end. YAY!

I picked out my paint colors for the guest room and the hallway. I had three colors for the hall and I finally decided on one. I am going to hopefully paint the guest room as soon as the electrical work is done so we can get the carpet done. Scheduling carpet for both the family room and the guest room at the same time is the plan.

Ken ended up hiring the guys who did the tile in the kitchen to do the tile in our bathroom. Yes, Ken could have done the tile himself, but this will be done quicker. Totally worth the price.

I think with this whirlwind of activity this week on Steve, we will get to a better idea of how things are going with the actual move in. I would be tempted at this point to spend more time on Steve just to get it all done. Ken is going to be there today, so perhaps he will get started on the panels there. We shall see. I am getting so excited!

This week also brings the first day of school. Friday morning will be crazy I am sure. We are at the school from about 8 to maybe 10? I just made an appointment for more lab work on Friday morning, too. I figure I should get that done. I should have done it last week when I went, but I forgot about that one. Sigh. So much!

We spent a lot of time at PetCo, too. We had to find a cat food with no chicken in it. Dr. Steinam suggested we change foods for Ittles. He said specifically to avoid some of the key ingredients in the food we were using. Chicken is number one in just about all foods, except the ones for sensitive stomach, which made us happier since it means we may be on to something. I was surprised at how many foods that claim they were fish or beef yet they still had chicken parts. Luckily we found something and hopefully this will help her gut. She has to be on it for 16 weeks. She is not allowed to have any other food in that time. It does still mean some isolation for her. We have been able to bring her out up to this point, but now it needs to be more supervised. I just hope this works. Poor kitty.

We had to get a new ID tag for Luna since she seems to have lost hers. It was kind of exciting to get a new tag with our new address on it. YAY!

Another big item going on is our driveway at Halldale. It is going to be dug up and cemented nicely. Our neighbor is going to handle the cement and we just have to dig it up. I am excited to see how it will look.

Of course, with school starting and 3 nights a week of soccer practice, work on either house will be hard. I am hoping that we can get it all done soon!!!!


No comments: