Monday, May 5, 2014

Boat

5-5-14

Hola!

Last night was the best night of sleep I have had in probably a week. Thank goodness for the weather finally realizing it isn’t August. I know it is only going to get hot again, but I was pleased to be able to snuggle under multiple blankets because it wasn’t boiling out. Ken and I have been talking that perhaps one of those room air conditioners might be interesting. Sadly, they are pricey.

I am currently rockin a new hair color. It is really a work in progress. My plan is blue, which means my hair needs to lightened before the blue will really take. The last few times we used blonde dye in a series of 3 sessions in order to make my hair light and ready for blue. This time we decided to use this Ion lightening powder. Ken was much more nervous than me. For this reason the first round we only did 10 minutes before rinsing. It certainly was lighter, so I dried it and we went another round, this time for about 30 minutes. My hair is a dirty blonde color now, but what is really funny is that the red stayed. So I have this blonde hair with a kind of reddish/pink top. It looks on purpose, so it is kind of cool. I put in my strand saver spray and have put in some of the avocado oil I have, too, just to keep my hair hydrated. It doesn’t feel too bad all things considered. Now I just need to figure out how to remove the red. I will be able to put on the blue once I get the red faded more since adding blue to the red would most likely make some purple streaks. Mind you, this is not a bad thing. Actually, if it did that it might look pretty freaking amazing.

Saturday was registration day. I am all kinds of frustrated since I am off on my cash. I have a feeling that one of my credit card customers was entered on my spreadsheet as cash. I have to get a credit card charge sheet and then I can compare at that point. My checks were perfect which means it has to be cash/credit card. Other than this little hiccup the registration went well. It was pretty solid busy for about 3 hours. I was able to wear my costume for a good chunk. That was awesome! I did get beat up by some kids, though. Ken and I have decided that going forward we need to always have a handler. Dax was super worried about the costume since when he and Bobby wore it kids beat them up, too. Dax didn’t want the costume destroyed.
We saw Spiderman yesterday. It was great! I cried, which I realize isn’t a shock, but man, it was a flick that hit me hard even though I kind of knew who would die. It was a fun flick, though. We have our next big Marvel flick on May 23rd. X-Men comes out that day. WOO HOO! We picked up the one before it so we could rewatch it. We kind of wished we had done that with Spiderman. 


I was surprised that the boys want to see Godzilla. It looks really freaky scary! It looks great, but there is a worry that it will be too much for them in the theatre. I know they are getting older and don’t need to only see fluffy animation anymore, but I still worry.

Ok, I know I bitch about being treasurer, but seriously, I adore my soccer family.

I am worried about Stephanie. She was in the hospital twice over the weekend and it is freaking me out. I know she will be ok, but I don’t like her being sick like this.

Field trip crazy is taking over this morning. Bobby has another field trip next week (Griffith Observatory) and they can have one parent chaperone come. I can’t because I am covering for Jean being out. I didn’t think Ken could make it because it was a Friday and he has one class he can’t bail on. So I told Bobby this and he still wanted at least Daddy to go (yeah, you would think I would be upset that he didn’t want me, but I loved that he wanted Ken for his science trip). I told him he could ask maybe Gramma or Poppy. So he opted to ask Poppy. There are complications, now, since I realized this morning that Poppy will need to get cleared by Miss Sharon in the front office, which means getting the TB test like today. Plus, he wasn’t thrilled about having to drive up there on his own. Yes, he could follow the bus, but it could be a nightmare for things like parking up there and then having to find the class. I might talk to some of the other parents and see if someone would be willing to drive up with him. Either way, it is crazy. Ken said he could take the day off, so if it turns out to be more trouble than it is worth for my dad, we will go that route.

Stupid complications.


I think this week I just need to get into some form of routine and don’t rock any boats.  

No comments: