Thursday, May 1, 2014

Fog

5-1-14

Well I kind of forgot to write this.

I have been on a crazy auto pilot this morning. Of course, I did spend a lot of the time working on AYSO stuff. I also feel like the special chocolate I took last night to sleep (it was very hot out, I needed help) was still chillin in my system. It is neat in a lot of ways. That being said, I am shocked to find that it is already 7.

Yesterday had me in a meeting with the boys. They have been arguing over everything lately. Of course, they are brothers close in age, and said age is the time when the fighting begins. Still, they were nuts yesterday morning and Ken lost it. He essentially told them that they would no longer be allowed to do anything together. They would have separate rooms, have to walk to school apart, etc.

Clearly this would not be something we could do. It did mean Ken checked in with me after he dropped them off and we discussed numerous issues including Bobby’s slow work, chores, the fighting and everything else. I took this information and wrote up a chore calendar that they will start using today. It has one kid doing dishes while one does pans at the same time. It still is their normal chores, but they won’t work together on some of it.

There is also a point system that they have to earn screen time. This is going to be tough since Dax doesn’t care as much if he loses computer privileges. It is a work in progress, but I am hopeful. I also am attempting to do the no yell policy again. Yesterday wasn’t too bad.

Bobby and I spent a lot of time of homework, mostly because I was lost on the fraction crap. We found out after Ken got home that we were confused because the packet was stapled in the wrong order, so we ended up at the top of the mountain without any knowledge of how to get there. Yeah, that was not easy.

Dax was all upset because I had returned his library book that I thought he had finished. Apparently he was not quite done. So I packed up the boys and we went to the library. Bobby and I continued on homework, which was great since I think the new atmosphere actually helped. Dax went and got his book along with the next 3. It was all good.

We went and picked up dinner since I thought Ken should have a nice birthday dinner. I made the boys do a lot of chores since due to their fight yesterday morning they lost computer time. We did a lot just so that today’s new schedule will work out best.

Tonight is Taylor’s talent show. The boys and I are going. Ken is going to be me and him at the board meeting. It is my long Thursday night, but its ok since it will be sweet to see Taylor sing. I know she is nervous.

I still have training today. I have been swamped with reports and other things so I set up accounts every now and again, mostly trying to not do a bunch at once since it will not stay in my head as well.

I am looking at the weather for Saturday and I know I will need to be careful to not get heatstroke while walking around in my costume.


No comments: