Friday, May 9, 2014

super me

5-9-14

Busy, but I feel like I should still take a moment.

Today is the first day of covering Jean’s desk while she is gone for 3 weeks. It sounds like a daunting task, but in reality it should be fine. Sadly it does take place during a time where I have reports to do, but I will make due. I always do.

I stood my ground with my boss yesterday. I was dangerously close to throwing in the towel on the argument, but I knew I was right and that Trusty was simply holding dear to his precious script and buzz words. I convinced him that since it was his approval that just needed to be sent to the SAS team who needed to rebill my floor plan account that he didn’t need to email me this approval. He could simply email them and cc me. It shouldn’t have taken that much convincing, but I am glad I didn’t back down.

This morning I walked in to find two brand new credit applications, a giant stack of accounts to be entered into Sabrix, and a request from Trusty to create this comparison report. Clearly collections are out of the question for today. Good think I already kicked ass on that all week.

Yesterday I tackled the catio. I rearranged some things and swept up all the accumulated crud that was hiding behind boxes and crates. I found what looked like it must have been from a dinosaur, pile of fossilized cat poo. It was pretty damned epic. I know that shouldn’t be funny, but it made me laugh quite a bit. I made that room look pretty good.

I thought I would top it off by using the water pressure machine thingy (yeah, my brain is a bit fried this morning; cut me some slack) to clean the cement. I pulled the hose through the family room on the machine itself when the hose popped off. Yeah, that was fun. Luckily the water spillage was minimal on the floor. Sure, it was all over me, but I did save the carpet.

The house needs a nice floor once over (which will hopefully end up shining if we can get our floor cleaner from a different Target tonight) and we are ready for Grammie and Aunt Dee to come be introduced to Steve. Yay! I want the place all ready to go tonight since we are at registration from like 7:45 to 1:15 tomorrow.

Ken had a soccer meeting last night, and I had accomplished all my chores so I opted to take a few hits and chill watching Mad Men. Yeah, I am really enjoying this new vice. It is so relaxing. When I crawled into bed I felt so comfy. Dax came in all upset about zombies, but instead of being frustrated that he was stalling, I talked him down quietly and he and Bobby went to bed ok. It was great! I think tonight looks to be a similar night once I get the floors cleaned.


Ok, I suppose I should tackle this pile of paperwork. 

No comments: