Monday, May 19, 2014

Tonsillitis

5-19-14

This 3 day weekend can’t come quick enough.

Don’t get me wrong. I clearly used every single second of the 2 days I got this weekend. That being said, it would be nice to have a day to recover from those 2 days. LOL!

I left work a smidge early on Friday in order to go to the doctor. I picked up Dax early since I wasn’t sure what time I would get back and I was under the impression that Bobby would get back from his field trip closer to 3, which would allow for my dad to most likely take him home.

Turns out, my tonsils are angry. Thankfully, I tested negative for strep. I do however have tonsillitis. This means I am currently taking antibiotics to hopefully clear it up. Right now, it feels like it is getting better. Then again, it goes through waves of feeling better and waves of feeling borderline worse. I think that having not said any words yet this morning out loud, my throat has not woken up. As each day progresses, I seem to get more pain again. I also noted that certain octaves that I use make me wince from the jab I get in the sore part of my throat. The pain now does seem to be over the whole of my throat, when before it was mostly concentrated, and super painful, in one section. Perhaps this means I am on the mend.

Saturday morning was chaotic.

I was trying to get the house in order for Angela, since I would be picking her up at 10. The problem with all of this was I hurt, the boys were bickering, and Ken was already gone to the tournament. On top of this, Ken texted me asking me to let him know when I was leaving, which made it sound like I needed to be ready even earlier since he needed me to bring him something.  This put me in a tizzy, and life was all kinds of crazed for me.

Turned out I was in a crazy over nothing, but either way, the boys and I set out to get Angela, and did not need to take anything to Ken. We left early enough to even allow us to go by Starbucks where I could get an iced mocha which felt wonderful on my throat.

Angela overslept and didn’t hear her phone, so the boys and I went over to Target with the hopes she would get in touch with us when she got my messages. This was not a bad thing, since it was quite nice being at Target. It’s almost like I got to go to my own church.

Angela called and we headed over about 11:30. We spent the day at Steve, talking and hanging out. She got to bond a bit with the boys since we ended up going in the pool for a while. Dax seemed to be in full “Look at me” mode all dang day, which was frustrating if only in the idea that I was trying to visit.

We were not just visiting. We were productive! She helped me go through a couple of super large boxes of stuff which condensed those into one smaller box. Yay! I need to do more of this!

It was a good day. In some ways, it was just like old times. In other ways, it was cool to get to know her all over again. I am hoping that as time goes on, more and more of my dear friends know that Steve is a place of happy and that I am more than thrilled to be like a comfy resort. LOL!

Sunday was to be more about resting. Sadly, I didn’t listen to this.

The boys and I did go by the tournament to say hello. We didn’t stay long. I felt off while there and didn’t try to overcome my natural tendencies. I probably could have hung out all day, but in reality, I had so much laundry to get through it would have meant spending any more time there would have resulted in a naked day today for everyone in my household.

Side note, I just had my first conversation of the day. My throat is VERY angry at me now.

When I got home, the boys decided to go into hermit mode on the computer, which meant I was on my own. I started laundry and then tackled the project.

On Friday, we got a letter from the city indicating a neighbor had complained about our yard. It also complained about the Blazer, which is stupid since it said we had a car in the driveway that we never drive. Dude. What the hell? Either way, I did agree the weeds near the front door were out of control.
I pulled out the shovel and rake and set to work. I dug up weed roots, tree roots, and about a six pack of glass bottles. I even found an old flashlight. It was crazy the amount of crap buried in the yard.
While I was working, the block leaders happened by and seemed impressed with my efforts. For all I knew, they were the ones who complained, but whatever. I am sure we will run into these sort of things now that we are in Torrance as opposed to LA.

I managed to get the corer there looking pretty damn good. Sadly, there were consequences from this. Dirt went everywhere. It was stupid of me to leave the front door open since it allowed for dirt all through my living room. On top of this, it was all over me and in my throat, which I am sure did not help on my healing process.

Despite working so hard on that and general chores and laundry, I did take some time to relax a bit. I watched some tv and zoned out a bit. I wish I had done more of this. I wish I had taken a nap.
This week does at least allow me one early day. I am only working a partial day on Thursday because “open house” is in the morning before school. I would complain, but I like being able to leave work. Plus, it allowed me to make my dentist apt that morning, too. I have to get a tiny cavity filled and I guess I have a tiny chip in my tooth that the dentist wants to fix.

Ken’s folks come on Friday, which also means I have a lot of clean up to do this week. I am hoping Ken has some time to paint the back of the house. Either way, my afternoons look to be busy and exhausting.

Bleah. 

No comments: