Wednesday, May 14, 2014

hot afternoon

5-14-14

What a super fantastic visit!

Stacey came over yesterday to pick up the strollers. We were able to visit for about an hour, which was really fun! Having not hung out with her before, it was incredibly easy to talk to her and truly I felt like she was one of those kindred spirits. We talked all things cat, kid and Harry Potter. LOL! It was a wonderful present to me since I was happy those strollers were going to not only someone who I know will use them, but someone who was just so dang cool!

The afternoon after that was spent in a chair and a shower. Ok, not at the same time, but I did go back and forth a lot. Ken spent a lot of time working on my hair which has now resulted in a fun lavender color. I wish the reds had come out more and it is possible I should have done one more blonde treatment before diving into color, but it isn’t bad. Plus, I could always add more color. In fact, it might be interesting at some point to add blue on all of the red spots. That being said, I know I will need a touch up as it looks like we missed one section. It looks good, though, and my hair is not screaming at me so I take that as a win.

Of course the boys spent much of the afternoon in the pool. I don’t blame them one bit. It was crazy hot. Today I think it is supposed to be even worse. In some ways, I am quite glad they get out early since it means we can power through homework and they can go jump in the pool. I feel like I have something I have to attend to, but I can’t for the life of me remember what it is right now. LOL!

My throat being sore is getting incredibly old. Ken picked up my nose spray, but it still is one of those things that doesn’t completely work. I end up sucking on a cough drop all night. It is only one, and I wedge it in my lip so it doesn’t come out, but I am sure my brain is not completely shut down because I have allocated resources to keep me from choking on the thing.

Matt was in a car accident. He is ok. Some guy not paying attention slammed into the back of him which in turn pushed his truck into another car. Hopefully the car isn’t too bad off. It doesn’t have a whole lot of miles on it, and it has brand new tires. My dad was dealing with State Farm yesterday so we shall see how it goes.


No comments: