Friday, May 2, 2014

Outdoor Shower?

5-2-14

Little kids make me cry.

Ok, not really, but man do I turn into a silly girl when I watch a bunch of kids sing and dance for a school. I don’t even need to know the kids. I was seriously all kinds of beaming proud of every single kid up on that stage last night. I wanted to hug them all.

Taylor and her singing partner did great! The show had some technical issues which did cause a few things to be off, but it really didn’t matter. The kids all did great. Poor Taylor’s partner, though. After the performance she felt she screwed up and was crying. I felt so bad for her! Of course later, she burst into tear when she realized the popcorn stand was closed. She may have just been a little dramatic.

The boys and I got home not too much before Ken got back from the board meeting. I had been stressed about timing all afternoon since it was falsely determined that we needed to have Dax interview my mom for his family tree project. This meant we went to my folks’ before going to the school for the singing. This meant we got home from school, which was after a grocery store stop, and we had to eat dinner and get homework done before we had to head out to Redondo Beach. I was a little spazzed out. Luckily my timing on all of it worked out and we not only got all the homework completed (which turned out to be even ahead of schedule) and got to the talent show with plenty of time.

This afternoon we are meeting up with my folks to go to the Big Wok for Ken’s birthday dinner. We will essentially be leaving the boys in their care as we go pick up a couple of registration items and then get home to bed. It is a long day ahead of us tomorrow. Registration until 3, and then we will stop by Frank Kenny’s party. Once we are home, though, we can totally relax. We don’t have to get up early on Sunday, so we can sleep a bit. The plan Sunday is to get to work on setting up the pool. Ken mostly cleared out the area where it goes. I am thinking before we put it up we really should paint the backside of the house. Then we can set up the pool. If we wait on painting, it would be probably ill-advised to paint while the pool is actually up.

I feel the need to price out sod. Seriously the dirt bowl in the backyard plus large body of water equals yuck.

I wonder how hard it would be to set up a shower outside. Like one of those ones at the beach that the kids can use to hose off before going inside the house. Hmm…


No comments: