Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Energy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10-12-11


My dad handed me a 35 pound weight yesterday to show me how much I have lost. Can we say awesome visual?

As of yesterday, I am at 285. Woo hoo! I want to be at 275 by year end. I am telling you, if I am at less, I will not be upset.

If I can lose 3 pounds a week from here to the end of next May, I can be at 186!!! Ok, I know it isn’t that kind of easy, but I like to look at that kind of data. It is inspiring for me. I realize that every week, the weight will be harder to get off. My hopes is that things like exercise increasing because I am getting in better shape, and that it will help me stay on target.

Today I get two walks. I walk to get the boys, and then again later when we go up to Louis Burger for dinner since it is Halldale night there. I think I will do my Wii workout before we go up to the burger place, which will result in lots of workout today. Yay!

Don’t worry, I will not pig out on fries there. I am guessing there is some kind of chicken sandwich, or even a salad.

Dax is starting to figure out that his little friend, Tristen, can get him in trouble. He told us how Tristen always wants to race to the line after lunch, will get him in trouble. He said he didn’t want to do this. We told him it was ok to say no, which made him happy.

NB made a return this last weekend. He showed up Sunday night around 6:45. He had a bunch of older kids with him. When I answered the door, he was clearly not thrilled to get me. He asked if Ken was home, to which I told him, no. He asked if the ‘kids’ were home. I told him they were in the bath. He then proceeded to have the balls to ask if he and his little friends could use the wood on the side of our house. I happily told him no. I wanted to tell him to fuck off, but I enjoyed him looking upset with just a simple no. Maria told us later that she saw him and some other kids snooping around the side of our house. Ken doesn’t think they would steal anything. I beg to differ. I think this little shit would totally take things from our house. He has a sense of entitlement. I can assure you, even though Ken would never be on board with this, I would have NB arrested in a heartbeat if I caught him stealing or even doing something he should not on our property. Don’t fuck with me, kid. I have never trusted you, and you are not making any points with me.

Why are cashews so dammed tasty?

Hugh Jackman is pretty awesome. Just sayin.

I have a craving to watch Tron Legacy.

Is it wrong for one of my goals to be able to some day wear a bra that clasps in the front?

Ken tells me that he has to take a picture of this dead bird on the way to the school for me. Apparently the boys really wanted to show it to me. My first thought is, “Eww. Come on guys, do I really need to see this?” But then it dawns on me that their mother is obsessed with death, and they are very aware of this. Why wouldn’t they want to show me something that has died? I expressed my disgust to Ken, but assured him that I would be very enthusiastic when he presents me with the picture later.

I feel as though I have neglected my ducks in favor of skulls. Rest assured, I still adore both.

I had a dream in which I was visiting someone in the hospital. It was some kind of a field trip, though. I remember taking a lot of time putting on the cloth booties over my shoes, and putting these strange mittens on that were then covered in a similar material to that of my shoe covers. It seemed like a futile attempt to make sure all of these 5 year olds were quiet while entering the hospital, but they were silent. Almost too silent, really, and they seemed slightly Children of the Corn. I wish I had stayed asleep long enough to see who I was visiting.

It dawned on me recently that I have kept more friends from my Blockbuster days than I have at any other job. Awesome! Go BBV alumni!

I know that as a diabetic, I am not supposed to go barefoot like ever. But I can’t help it. There is a tiny hippie inside of me that wants to wear long flowing skirts and rock only a cute, beaded anklet thing on my feet and have the feel of cold, slightly damp grass on my feet. And even though I can appreciate a positively darling shoe style, I will be the first to kick on said shoes under my desk to enjoy the bumps on my foot stool and to pad around the office when no one is here with naked feet.

Don’t worry, I will watch for staples.

I have a desire to go on a nature hike with Luna and the boys. I will need better shoes for that. I also need to do some research. I would like one that is not too crazy hard for the boys. I also would like it to be not horribly crowded.

My left hand is super twitchy today. I hate that.

I wonder how badly Disneyland has lost sales on the pictures they take on some of their rides now that digital cameras can take fantastic shots of the picture when they are flashed up on the screen.

As I shove my phone back into my bra, it is no wonder that I prefer lower cut shirts. Easier access. To technology, you dirty birds!

No comments: