Thursday, October 6, 2011

Steps

10-6-11


I have lost another 4 pounds. I have busted out of my plateau. Some of it was period related. I gained like 4 pounds during those 2 days, but then lost a total of 8 afterwards, quite quickly. Stupid water weight. I also went back to salad lunches, and making sure I work out. Last night I did 20 minutes of steps on a raised balance board. I then did some other vigorous things on the Wii, which was awesome. I also did my walk to the school. Oh, and Ken gave me a nice workout later. Sorry, tmi.

Tonight I am hoping to get a long walk in again what with it being Bobby’s practice. Not sure where Dax and I will go. I am thinking of walking the other direction towards what I believe is a CVS as I wanted to look for some hair ties.

Dax got a red card yesterday in class. He, and several other kids, were running and sliding on the puddles in the hallway at lunch. The lunch aides were PISSED. So everyone involved had to turn their card. Dax was already on yellow. On the way home, Bobby said he stayed on green. Dax then says, “Mom, don’t be upset, but I was on red.” He didn’t know why, so we walked back to the school to talk to Mrs. Fasheh. She and Mrs. Lee were lovely and explained the whole thing to me. No one was mad. Then Mrs. Fasheh confirmed what Ken and I had suspected, which was that Dax’s little friend, Tristen, was a bad influence. Dax only gets in trouble when they hang out. They don’t hang out in the classroom, but on the playground and at lunch, they do. I talked to Dax about it, and he said Tristan was fine. I told him that I don’t blame Tristan. I told Dax that if he cannot behave that I will have to tell him he cannot play with Tristan. He seemed to understand. I told him if he doesn’t turn his card at all for 2 weeks that we would go to Chuck E Cheese. He was thrilled.

I am enjoying how cold it is. Sadly it will not last. On Saturday, it will be close to 80 degrees. Oh well, I know that winter is in route.

I think Ken has the AYSO board meeting tonight. It just means that I think once the boys go to bed, I will do a full 30 minutes of steps, if not more.

No comments: