Tuesday, October 25, 2011

meds

10-25-11


Yay modern medicine!

My doc is awesome, and she totally understood my pain in more ways than one yesterday. She thinks that my back pain is just muscle, but was glad I got it checked out since one never knows if it is in fact some kind of disc failure or something else more extreme. She was super proud of my weight loss, and could tell I had been working hard. She felt bad telling me that I really should take it easy this week, which includes very little walking. I can do something like swimming or other low impact things. Unfortunately, I am not in a position to use those sorts of resources.

She did also prescribe some muscle relaxers, Tylenol 3, and Ibuprofen. I am to take the Ibuprofen 3 times a day. That will help with the swelling. I am to take the Tylenol and muscle relaxers at night. I took them last night, and it really does put me in a coma. Yay! The problem is that I am slightly comatose in the morning. I am not sure how I got here. LOL!

I did treat myself to a cup of coffee this morning. I figured one treat is not a big deal every now and again.

I am supposed to be working on reports, but once again, they are not ready.

On Friday, Woody was lost.

We had gone to Target, and Dax has his cowboy pal with him as he has a lot lately. After shopping, and we were getting in the car, Dax realized that he did not have Woody with him. Crap! He and I ran through the store, retracing our steps. We went to the last place I remember him being with us, and looked high and low for his little cowboy boots.

Ken and Bobby also searched, but they went to the register and asked around. There was bad news.

A check out girl remembered a couple with a little girl who had a Woody doll in her possession. She was chattering on about how she had found the doll. It looked as though Woody was not just a lost toy, he had been abducted.

Dax didn’t want to give up, so I walked again through the store with the boys. I knew the search was pointless, but we kept walking. I finally had to break the news. I told Dax he was gone. Dax’s sobs were heart wrenching. I had to keep myself from crying. Not just because I hated Dax being so sad. I have my own irrational crazy about lost toys/stuffed animals. It was especially wrong with it being Woody who was lost.

Bobby was almost as sad. He was teary, being very upset at the idea of his brother losing his friend, and also at the idea that some girl would just take Woody. I was a little appalled at that as well. If my boys found something like that, we would have quickly turned it in so that another little kid wasn’t devastated.

We left the store with an incredibly depressed little boy. I told Ken we should go to the Disney store and replace him. I know, not exactly the lesson moment, but I couldn’t bare him being this sad. Plus, I felt somewhat responsible since it was usually my task to keep tabs on the boys’ traveling companions.

Although Disney didn’t have an exact replica, they did have a suitable replacement. He was happy, but even with a new Woody in hand, you could tell, Dax was still somewhat hopeful that Target would call us and tell us Woody was sitting there waiting for us.

I had dreams in which I was in some kind of fat rehab. It was odd. I remember the goody bags that has this sugar free custard in a can. It seemed gross. It was a long dream. I wish I remembered more. I have been dreaming some elaborate dreams lately.

Dammit! I forgot my ice pack again. Sigh. I may have to make my own this morning.

Time for more tea.

No comments: