Tuesday, October 18, 2011

smells

10-18-11


I lost my primo parking spot at work. The powers that be realized that the area in which I have been parking is still needed as visitor parking. Never you mind that they painted over the ‘visitor’ writing on each spot and made a huge deal about how we could utilize this area for our parking needs. The memo came out yesterday that we are going to have auditors on site for the next 6 months. This is something that happens every year, but they forgot about this until they spoiled us for a month. Sigh. Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things. If anything, it gives me a longer walk each day to and from the car. I am always game for more walking. I am just tired of the politics.

My step workout was amazing yesterday. I worked so hard I had a visibly sweaty shirt. I know, this sounds gross, and odd to be proud of, but it was a great thing to see how hard I was working to get what I want, which is healthy. I also am pleased to say that I already have 117 miles clocked for my Amazing Race challenge for work. Woo hoo! This means I have already earned a t-shirt. I am just shy of half way done with the challenge. I am hoping that I am in the top ten since it does mean a possible gift certificate.

Yesterday the boys were pissy, and Ken was grouchy. This did not make for happy times in the house. Yet, at the same time, there was a lot of laughter. There also was a lot of progress on the house. We cleaned the shit out of the boys’ room. Ken got a lot done on Dax’ costume. It is adorable.

Why does my office smell like ass this morning?

And so it begins! Dax has a birthday party to go to this weekend, and we have another one the following weekend. I suppose this is what goes on with having kids. LOL! I have not decided if I will stay with Dax at his party or if I will just drop him off. I figured we could walk to it and I can leave him for a bit and then walk back to get him. It will depend on the crowd, I suppose. The party next week we will all go to. It is for a kid on Bobby’s soccer team, and the coach’s son. With Ken being assistant coach, me being team mom, it makes sense for us all to go.

I am debating on whether or not to go to the diabetes group meeting on Monday. I might just go so I can see if it is something I want to do monthly. How will I know if it is worthwhile unless I check it out, right? Even though my diabetes seems to be in check, it doesn’t mean that I should not have some support groups out there with people who are going through the same things I do.

I have discovered the happy making that is sugar free pudding. Holy crap, it is numtastic. Jello brand, dark chocolate, awesome 60 calorie, very filling pudding cups. They make my chocolate cravings bearable. I also have some Dove dark chocolate squares at my desk. Also very diabetic and calorie friendly. I know that I can have whatever I want, but I am still trying to keep being good overall. Once I lose at least 100 pounds, I can be a little bad.

Does it make me odd that I don’t ever feel the need to sing in the shower?

Thankfully the smell of ass has been replaced by maple syrup.

No comments: