Friday, October 21, 2011

On

10-21-11


I spent much of yesterday on my couch. It was nice, but the guilt of it was tough. I have been really good about exercising every day, so a day off made me feel bad. But I know that it is ok. I took a day to rest and watch Parenthood and Drop Dead Diva.

I feel better today, but I can tell I was off yesterday. I was up last night with an upset stomach. It was awful. I feel very tired because of it. Thank goodness the first game tomorrow isn’t until 10:30. Although, now that I think about it, I think Ken has a game to ref in the morning. Sigh. Perhaps I will be getting up early.

Ok, suspicions confirmed. The yuck I was feeling was a period. It explains a lot, actually. I was hormonal, I was moody, I ached. The only thing that was not present was the sore boobs, but I suppose that could have been just a minor thing.

It also explains the 2 pound weight gain yesterday despite eating very little the last couple days.

I need to stop weighing myself every day. I was doing it as part of this check in process on the Wii. It is this body test that I was doing for two reasons. One, it tells you how old you seem, which cracks up the boys. Two, it allows you to stamp in every day you workout, and I earned a new stamp, and I was very excited. I don’t need to do this part, so I will not. Watching my weight do the up and down, even if only a pound or two, isn’t good for my esteem. I know it is normal, but still.

Crud, I got the snacks for this week for Dax’s team even though I don’t have to do them for another 2 weeks it looks like. Oh well. I am prepped for when it happens. Plus, I can always bring them as a just in case. We are doing Bobby’s game, so what the hell, right?

Because sometimes numbers are interesting, it appears that I have lost 13% of my body weight from when I was diagnosed with diabetes.

It is kind of embarrassing that my period took my ass out. Mind you, it is not the first time, nor will it be the last, but I hate being a slave to my femaleness.

I had an interesting political conversation with Ken yesterday concerning the occupy nuts. Really, I hate discussing politics, but I was pleased with myself that I didn’t get overly frustrated with the arguments and that I could hold my own when pointing out my opinion. It was cool! Yay me!

I have been teaching the boys that when you turn your life into a musical, even for just a little while, even the most mundane things are instantly turned into awesome.

No comments: