Monday, October 17, 2011

Let's rock this week!

10-17-11


It was a good weekend all around!

Friday I ran a lot more at Dax’s practice. I even ran some of it in the beginning before coach got there, and even for a while after he was there, which made me feel all kinds of important. I also managed to take an awesome tumble. Coach was passing the ball to me and I ran to get it, and in my Shape Ups on the grass, I could feel balance failing. I went down, laughing the whole way. Dax was quite concerned, until I told him and the others I was fine, still cracking up. They thought this was awesome and seriously, nothing better than making 5 kids almost cry from laughing so much.

Friday night, Stephanie and I went out for dinner, and then to a dive bar in Torrance that we have decided now is our bar. It was filled mostly with people significantly older than us, but it was charming for that reason. There was an elderly looking couple as our live music who started off with Everly Brothers’ covers, but as the night progressed, moved on to Pink and CeeLo. The only bad time was the multiple Bon Jovi songs, but even those were ok considering how much fun we had.

Our waitress I think said she was in her 60’s, and she was adorable. She was more drunk than both of us combined, and she was definitely part of the fantastic ambiance. I look forward to going back, perhaps on a karaoke night.

The only real issue with my fun Friday night was that I was quite tired come Saturday morning.

Soccer games were much fun. Dax’s team may not have won, but he did have a breakaway goal that was AWESOME! To watch the determination on his face, and the joy that it broke into was almost tear worthy. I was so happy for him and proud and just thrilled to be a part of the morning.

Bobby was so cute in his game. The other team scored at one point, and he did this adorable droopy walk back to the kick off, and I am telling you, I have never been so happy about the other team scoring before. They did manage to win, and it was an incredible game all around with lots of close calls.

After our game, Ken had another game he was reffing, so the boys and I walked up to Y-Not to have lunch. Dax has been grouchy a bit, so he was especially pissy, but the walk and lunch was nice.

We also hit up the grocery store, which was great since there were multiple sales going on. It was a sale-tastic weekend for us. On Sunday, we hit up Joanne’s and they had just started this huge 50 to 60% off sale on just about EVERYTHING. Halloween decorations, cloth, and other random stuff. Ken got gobs of surger thread for a buck a piece. We got several fun decorations, and the fabric we needed for Dax and my costumes was on sale, which rocked!

Before Joanne’s opened, we walked from there over to the Target. It was great! I am thoroughly enjoying this walking to get everywhere habit we are developing. It is an easy way to get exercise, and we have a lot of fun with it.

We decorated the front of the house for Halloween, which tickled the boys. They get such a kick out of it. We put up several new items. Some were bought last year on clearance, and some we had picked up at Joanne’s. The place looks good!

We took our afternoon walk, and this time we even took Lycos. She was thrilled. She didn’t walk on leash, since she stays with us and the leash seemed to make it harder on her. She did well, but you could see her drunken stagger about half way into it. Ken had to carry her for a bit during a downhill portion, but she managed to not only make it home, but recovered quickly. I was so happy to see her have such a nice time with her family.

Ken and I watched the Princess Bride on Saturday night. It was really fun to see it again. It had been far too long. It holds up so well. I was so tired, yet this movie kept me awake despite having seen it hundreds of times. It was also just a nice evening chilling with the cats and dogs.

I also got to watch Tron-Legacy again with the boys. They really get a kick out of that flick, which is great because I really enjoy it.

I feel really good today. I am down to 281. Ken bought some elastic so he can modify some of my clothing. We shall see how that works.

I wonder if I could take a sewing class. There have been so many cute fabrics down at Joanne’s that I love that would be cool simple skirts. Nothing fancy, just flowy circle skirts. Slightly hippie like. Especially right now with the fun Halloween cloth. So many good ones in these deep burgundy colors that are super soft and gorgeous. I hate to have to keep having Ken be my seamstress.

It is going to be a good week!

No comments: