Friday, October 7, 2011

Frankie says Relax!

10-7-11


I am so happy it is Friday. I know, so very cliché, but it is what it is. I think I am just jazzed since it is a mellow weekend. I have only the one game and this means I can do a bunch of other things. I need to wash my dogs. I need to work on some other house projects. I need to go to JoAnne’s.

I get to sleep in tomorrow, too, which sounds lovely. With no morning game, I don’t have to rush to get up. When I do get up, I think I will take Luna and go on a nice long walk.

Yesterday Dax and I walked about 2 miles during Bobby’s practice. We went up to Walgreens in search of this particular lip stick that Kam had given me. I had seen online that Walgreens carries it and in a darker color, so I wanted to see what I could come up with. Although I didn’t find it there, it was a nice walk. I also picked up a couple of the peeling face masks I love so very much.

I put the pomegranate one on last night. I stood in the bathroom, smearing this pale red goo on my face, every now and again amused at the reflection of the boys’ faces in the mirror who were staring in complete horror. They didn’t understand why I was making my face all slimy red.

Over the next half an hour, the boys could not look me in the eye when they spoke to me. They were constantly staring at the foreign substance glistening on my face. When it started to dry and peel up on its own, you could see their displeasure.

I sat on the couch and started to peel it myself, and they were horrified. I offered to let them touch it, but they backed up quickly to get away from it lest it jump out and grab them. Bobby even grabbed his stomach and said he felt sick. I was quite pleased at this whole role reversal. Normally it was them grossing me out.

I finally managed to get them to touch the substance I had pulled from my face. Dax pointed out it felt like Hal’s skin, which Hal had recently shed. They were still leery of the whole process. I have to admit, I am looking forward to using the other one, now.

I discovered that I can fit into a pair of jeans I had in my closet that I have been unable to fit into for some time. Woo hoo!

I want to go to Big Lots, too. I want to see what kind of couches Ken and I seem to like.

No comments: