Tuesday, October 4, 2011

PTA

10-4-11


Stupid muscle spasm. Last night, as I was settling in to sleep, my right shoulder blade flipped out. It hurt, and Ken noted a knot in my back. It was even hard to breathe in deeply. It was awful. I took some Tylenol and it helped after a while, but it was an unrestful sleep across the board due to the whole event.

I did do some Wii before bed, and I wonder if that triggered it. It was an awesome set, though. I was beating old records on time and scores and I felt very satisfied afterwards. I clocked over 10K in steps yesterday. Woo hoo!

Some of my steps included re-doing the living room. While Dax worked on some homework (Ken and Bobby had run down to check out a broken water main), I started pulling out the couch to sweep. I decided we needed a change. I switched the position of the couch and recliners. I am happy with the recliners’ new position, but the couch is making me frustrated. The style of our couch is very boxy, and when it isn’t up against a wall, it looks odd. It is also looking pretty rough over all. I took to the net and noted some decent couches at Big Lots for about $300. We don’t have the funds to do this as of yet, but perhaps in the next couple months we can save up. I get a couple of bonus checks next week, so who knows.

Once the tournament Lego is out of my house, I will feel even better. It clutters up , my entry way and even part of the living room, and it drives me nuts. It is supposed to be gone today, so I am crossing my fingers.

Tonight should be interesting. I am going to my first attempt to start taking over the school. Ken has already infiltrated the perimeter and has laid some great ground work by getting on one of the counsels and being pretty active at budget meetings. Now it is my turn to take over the PTA since it is making its return this year after being gone since that one lady embezzled gobs of cash from our school. There are only 2 members of the PTA right now, and one is the principal, who is more than thrilled to have a Brenan take part. Fingers crossed, I will be president before the year is done.

I have crap loads of statements to handle today. I am not thrilled about it, but it will at least make the day go by quickly. Sigh. Here we go.

No comments: