Wednesday, November 2, 2011

AAA

11-2-11


My dad has an abdominal aortic aneurysm. It was detected a couple of years ago. It is at 3.5 cm right now. At 5.5, they would go in for surgery. Right now, they are just monitoring it since it is currently asymptomatic. I am sure my dad had mentioned it before, but for some reason, his most recent trip to the doctor for it last week and my reading the little pamphlet on it yesterday has sent me into a bit of a tizzy. I of course would not be all crazed in front of him. As he pointed out, he said if he really thinks about this shit, it will drive you crazy. True, very true, but my mind is hard pressed to let something like that go without over analyzing the crap out of it for a couple days.

There is a parenting class today at 8:15 at the school. I had planned on going just because it means I am involved in everything the school provides. I had decided to not go since next week I am taking off early on Thursday for my follow up appointment with the endocrinologist and on Friday, I had considered taking the day off to hang with the kids since I was pretty sure Ken still has classes even though they have the day off. But based on the shit day I had at work yesterday, and seeing some of the fucked up emails already this morning, I am very tempted to bail early, go to the class, and then go home and clean house. At least then I will feel productive and appreciated.

Mind you, not everything is craptastic. Aside from the bad news and work stress, things are ok. My glucose levels have been fantastic. I get to walk today and I plan on resuming my Wii workouts today. I did my weight lifting yesterday, which felt so nice to do again.

No comments: