Friday, November 11, 2011

These boots are made for walking!

11-11-11


Let’s start with the diabetes news.

My doc was quite pleased. She was impressed with the weight loss and tickled that at least one of her patients actually listened to her about changing their lifestyle. She regaled Ken and I with a couple of stories of idiot patients that insisted that they did not need to adhere to a more healthy lifestyle, and would not even consider some simple ways to improve their diabetes when it came to reducing sugar intake. She also seemed quite amused at my description of bananas, which is a food she seemed to also detest. She also enjoyed Ken’s logic on fruit peeling, which included trivia on what the correct way to unpeel a banana and an orange.

She said that most people don’t end up reducing their meds. I on the other hand warranted it. She asked about my 80 readings which were prevalent in the afternoons. I pointed out that this was when I exercise, and yes, I tend to need a snack in order to ensure it doesn’t dip too low. She said I should go ahead and not take the lunch time pill. She kept my prescription at 3, just so I had wiggle room. She said if for some reason I had a huge lunch for some reason, I could take a pill just to be sure. I like having the extra meds since it means I will not run out.

I do not need to go back until. March, at which time I will do my A1C’s again and she will also check my cholesterol again, which should be cool. I am hoping to have lost another 35 pounds by then, if not more of course.

Now the unsure news.

We went down to the doc for my boob. She said it was good I came in. The discharge was concerning. Not because it was there. In fact, she was impressed that I had assumed it was mastitis and liked that I used the heat compress along with draining the breast. This is what one would do if they were breast feeding. However, since this did not seem to make it all go away, and there was blood present in the discharge, it seemed to her that we should ensure it wasn’t an abscess. Plus, blood could in fact me a cancer symptom. She didn’t expect this to be the case, but we all would rather check than let it go. She took samples of the secretion and she scheduled me for a mammogram and ultrasound which will take place on Monday. They were hoping to get me in yesterday or even today, but they were pretty swamped. They still might call me today, but it is doubtful.

The doctor appointments were good and ok, so I felt pretty good when we got home. Since there was time before going to get the boys, we caught up on Glee. I would like to say, the watchdog groups like Parents Television Counsel are fucktards. Anyone who would actively object to the tasteful and truly endearing way that Glee handled the story lines of lost virginity should be ashamed of themselves. This was a show that put adolescent love as the main reason for relations as opposed to just pure lust and hormones. There are shows like 90210 and Gossip Girl that glamorize the whole sexual experience of teens and these are not the shows on trial. Glee, which could have allowed the couples involved to simply get it on with not mentioning it again. Instead, it went over the fears and desires of 17 year olds when sex was the topic. It made so much more sense to not just gloss over it. I was impressed with the whole episode, and not just because I am a Gleek and not just because I want to be Chris Colfer’s BFF.

I did a fabulous walk yesterday. Ken said he would give me the afternoon off and take the boys with him to class. I would just meet him at practice. Ken suggested that I could always walk up there. This was intriguing. I was a little nervous, but he mapped it out and it was only about 3 miles. Not a big deal, so I said sure. We also came up with a better route than just up Carson. I would do some back routes, which would allow me also to walk through Wilson Park. I fixed up my bag to handle the walk and I set out around 2. The practice was at 4:30. Yes, I know, that would give me more than enough time, but one can never be too sure.

I didn’t walk as fast as I normally do on walks. I didn’t dink, though. I enjoyed actually seeing details of the route instead of whizzing by in a car. It wasn’t an easy walk, but it wasn’t so hard that I was dying afterwards. That in itself was a victory to me. I got to the school pretty early, but did managed to waste some time at Wallgreens, rummaging through the remaining Halloween decorations that were on sale.

I just sent in my application for the AYSO treasurer. I figure it looks good on my resume. Plus, it doesn’t sound too hard. I can always try it for a year, and then go from there. I told them I would like to start for next season, not the travel stuff right now. I need some training. I am wondering also if we should sign up the boys for the Spring season. I have to see what everyone says.

PTA will start up shortly, too. I will put my hat into the ring for something. Not sure what yet. I may just do something minor at first. That will let me get my feet wet, yet still do a bunch for the school and to enjoy my boys.

Don’t worry. I have no other political aspirations at this time.

Now I just need to make it through today. No bosses today. It is a holiday, and it is rainy out. Really, it is going to be good. Ken is going to bring me the boys after the home school class, which means I can parade them around to everyone. I can then bring them home with me, get ready for practice, go do that, go make reservations for one soccer party, and then go get presents for the twins. Phew!

Tonight’s practice will freaking rock! Ed wants to have a team vs. parents scrimmage. I am so excited. I know the boys will get a huge kick out of it. It will be a lot of fun all around. I am sure going to miss those boys!

It is going to take a lot of effort to not just sit here today and watch Netflix.

No comments: