Monday, November 21, 2011

Results coming soon

11-21-11


Biopsy results day. I am nervous. It may explain why last night at about 10:30, I was abruptly woken with a horrible stomach ache and I found myself in a cold sweat on the bathroom floor, sure I was about to hurl.

Luckily my weekend was much better than last night’s issue.

On Friday, I left work due to how much pain I was in. I was so very tired. I went to the school and got to help out Bobby’s class with their Thanksgiving feast. It was seriously so wonderful. Most of the teachers and parents ended up sitting around eating, while I entertained the kids and made sure they all had enough food. I was in heaven. It was Bobby’s class along with the Special Ed class. I even saved the day by taking pictures for everyone involved, and I burned a disc and had it back to Mrs. Kelly that day. Two awesome notes from the event were that Bobby told me that all of his friends said I was awesome, and one of the little boys told another teacher in a very excited voice, “She called me sweetheart!” This is why I love my life.

Ken and I got to go see Harold and Kumar. We just went to the mall and ate there and saw the flick there. It was perfect, really. I was pleased that Spencer gifts is back with gobs of awesome things, which means guess where I am doing all my Christmas shopping this year?

The movie was fun. Yes, it was goofy and crude, but it made me so happy to be seeing those characters again. I was shocked at the two families there that brought their kids, one who was about 10 and another younger. It’s ok, kids, please enjoy the images of penis on the screen. Sigh.

I went and got the boys in the morning and we then ran over to the store to get supplies for my pasta. I did some cleaning of the house while it cooked. I also got to take a much happy making shower. 48 hours with no shower from a rather traumatic event is a long ass time.

Dax’s party was fun. Very mellow. The kids played, we all ate. One of the moms ate my pasta and her husband said this was one of the only times he has seen her finish a portion of pasta, which meant she loved it. Yay me!

Sunday was nice due to all the cold and rain. It was cool since I was able to work on laundry all day. I even managed to pack for the boys for the trip. I pulled out some of my clothes, too. I need a few more things, and then I need to put them all in the suitcase. I am trying to pack light since Ken wants to bring back this sewing table I believe his grandmother owned. This means we will have less room in the van than normal. If I can keep the bags to a minimum, we will be better off.

I am guessing these next couple days will be long. We leave for the Compound right when we pick up the boys from school on Wednesday.

Last night was Bobby’s soccer party. It was chaotic on many levels. Our lanes were late, it was loud, it was crowded, but all in all, the kids had fun which is all that mattered. The team brought me flowers and a gift card for my help. The coach gave Ken and I each Starbucks gift cards. The real lame part of the party was that someone stole Ken’s shoes. Can you believe that? Who fucking steals shoes? They are not even fancy ones. So Ken had to walk to the car barefoot in the rain. I can assure you that we will email a nasty letter to the management.

I wonder if the kids get homework this week.

I am down to 266. I am shocked and excited. I am going to kick this fat right in the ass. I think my end of year goal was to be at 250 by Dec 31. I will be stepping up my game a bit.

Ok, I need to finish up some loose ends before I get my results. I have to remember to breathe.

No comments: