Thursday, November 3, 2011

green monster

11-3-11


I have met my end of year goal. Time to reset it. My hopes is to lose at least 10 more pounds by Dec 31st. I figure if I can maintain and possibly keep going in a downward direction over the next two holiday filled months, I am doing great!

I was pretty proud. Especially since I do notice the difference, not only in appearance, but in how I have been treating food. Even my body has rejected it when I eat too much. I feel very sick if I eat more than my smaller portions now. Milk doesn’t have the same appeal it used to have. Even certain sweets like chocolate and soda are almost too sweet. My chemistry is working with me. Thank goodness.

Unfortunately, chemistry doesn’t always work with your brain. I went to the parenting class yesterday and our principal was there. Mrs. Sakurai was an overweight woman. She was way plump. She got similar news at the beginning of summer last year as I did and was handed over her very own trust blood glucose monitor because of the diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes. She was offered the same meal replacement program that I had contemplated. She decided to do the program. I am telling you, in the same time I have been losing weight, she has easily lost twice as much as I have. It is remarkable. She looks fantastic! While I am super proud of her achievement, the little green monster sits on my shoulder and whispers sweet nothings of, “See, you could have been at that point by now had you been drinking those shakes. Look how great she looks. Sure, you have dropped a few pounds, but she has dropped a whole person.” It isn’t healthy to allow this kind of thought process in my life, but sometimes it is the soundtrack of my mind.

I am glad that I went yesterday to the parenting class. I didn’t need it by any stretch of the imagination, but it did serve a couple of good causes. Every class who had a parent in the class allowed a book to be donated from this organization to their classroom. We also got to take a book home, which is always awesome. Plus, by participating in these workshops, it raises the attendance of them which brings more programs to our school.

What was interesting was that there were only a couple of us there that spoke only English. In fact, most of them didn’t speak English at all. Disturbing in many ways. The English speakers actually had the interpreter, which seems backwards. Not a big deal, but we need to really think about this as a school. We are teaching kids in English and their parents cannot read or speak in the language their kids are expected to know. I wish that part of enrollment at the school would be some kind of mandatory English class for parents. They would have to attend in order for their kids to be able to be there. I know, that takes away rights, blah, blah, blah. I am thinking about the big picture here. It would benefit these families a great deal if they could understand their kids and how much progress they are making. This is 2011. There is no reason these parents shouldn’t know English.

I was impressed with some of the parents when it came to English, though. One woman was very proud that she has taken the time to learn English. She made a point of only speaking in English, and talked about how she uses her daughter’s homework to practice for herself. I was so pleased with her.

One mother made me cringe in hate. We watched a video on the importance of reading to our kids. The video talked about how we feed our children, and it showed a woman breast feeding her baby. As my boobs skipped a beat, the horrid broad behind me actually said, “Eeewww!!” I am telling you, I was so angry. Fucking bitch. She feels breast feeding is offensive? Look, a chick feeding her kid is far less annoying than the chick who lets her 2 year old run around the classroom while we are trying to listen to the video. Oh, yeah, I am talking to you, fucking broad with not one, but two little kids running around. I will never fault someone for feeding their kid formula. Never in a million years. I will feel a little sad if only because the happy I felt while boob feeding was euphoric and I wish that experience for everyone, but if you can’t for whatever reason, as long as you feed that kid, good on ya. But don’t you DARE look down or be disgusted by someone feeding your child with your bare breast.

Nah, I’m not passionate or anything.

Looks like I will be rockin the soccer schedule through Dec 3. There is a “Jamboree” tournament starting Nov 12, ending Dec 3rd. It is a single elimination that takes place over 3 different days. This is for Bobby’s team division only. His team has a couple of amazing super stars. I am not sure if we have lost any games. So if we play like we always play, Bobby will be on a champion team. LOL! He will be so excited, which is adorable.

Ken and I are planning a night out. Hardold and Kumar hits theatres this weekend, so once I get my prize money from Halloween, I think I will hit up the folks to watch the kids while he and I hit the town for and old fashioned dinner and a movie. It is a much needed night out as the two of us.

No comments: