Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Settle

3-27-12


I am feeling positively adorable today. What’s up with that? Although, I suppose I should not complain about this.



Last night, I had yet another AYSO activity. I know, shocker, right? I had to meet the comish over at Starbucks to pick up the registration checks, and to cut a check for something. I still feel as though this is a lot of random meetups for this ‘job’ but last night I did get a bit of relief in the form of admission.

Fred told me that he felt bad in general for micro managing, but that since the last treasurer was not exactly forth coming with info, nor did she turn out to be trustworthy, he has decided he needs to be more in tune with what is going on with his region. I can respect that. He is the one who’s ass is on the line if something goes wrong. Hopefully with a little bit of more time under my belt, I can get this running smoothly enough in which I won’t feel the burden of the time spent.



I did write up my own spreadsheet this morning with all of the checks and players in my own reconciliation fashion so that I had it for my records, and so that it was typed out instead of handwritten. I am pretty pleased with it, and will hopefully get things more organized with some time.

The other nice thing about needing to go up to Starbucks was that we all rode our bikes up there. Man, I am sure we are saving money on gas, while having fun and getting some exercise. Talk about all around good!

I enjoyed hearing all of the kids in Dax’s class chattering about Dax’s mother’s hair. Dax seemed pretty proud. One little girl did approach me and asked me what happened to it. I explained that I squished some grapes in my hair, and she seemed ok with this. The little boy that seems obsessed with saying hello to me didn’t bat an eye at it. Mrs. Fasheh clearly didn’t know what to make of it. I realize that Mrs. Kelly has not seen it yet, so I worry it will be an issue for field trip day. I will plan to wear a hat just to minimize the crazies. Mind you, I don’t think the kids will care, but she seems far more fragile as a person.

I had not realized until mid-morning yesterday that the boys have no school starting Friday, and they have their Spring Break next week. Thankfully Ken knew this, and he already is ready to hang with them. I am not proud of myself for something this big to have slipped my mind. I may be losing it. LOL!


I am telling you, Pinterest was clearly designed for time suck purposes. I get lost in there sometimes.

No comments: