Monday, March 19, 2012

sleep and the sickly

3-19-12


It was a fun weekend. I have to say, I really enjoyed the weather. The coldness, the wind, the rain, it was all really cool. Poor Ken doesn’t sleep much when it is like this, though. All of the noise from it wakes him up. I think I may need to get some kind of tranquilizers to knock his ass out.

On Friday, we took the boys out to Lazy Dog CafĂ© to celebrate their perfect attendance for the first semester. It was a good place for kids since it was pretty noisy and you didn’t feel bad when the kids were chatty. Also, I enjoy their food.



Dax was quite pleased because he chose the make your own pizza. Well, you really do, make your own pizza! They brought him out the raw pizza and a bunch of toppings that allowed him to put them on himself. It wasn’t tons of work, and he enjoyed himself. I liked that he got to do the whole thing.

I didn’t sleep as well that night because I found myself tossing and turning, wondering if the game would be canceled on Saturday. I had told the team I would email them to let them know, but since we still didn’t know, I felt bad that I had not told anyone.

It still was not raining when I finally got up at around 7. It looked like the game might be on. Ken went down to the field early for set up. By 8, word was out, and rain was coming down; the games were cancelled.

I feel bad that I was happy, but honestly, it was only because it meant we could take Chris up on his offer to go to Wondercon. Woo hoo!



Wondercon was at the Anaheim convention center. Comic books, super heroes and gobs of other geek stuff. I was quite pleased with the whole set up. We did end up parking a few blocks away, but because Ken rocks, we did park for free. We hiked up to the convention center in the rain, which was ok with me, but the boys were not as thrilled.

Dax rocked his Aang hat, and both of them were in their shark sweatshirts. They both got tons of compliments on them. I think that they might have had fun if we all dressed up, but with the rain, it is probably best we did not.


We got to go to the Skelanimals booth, which was cool. They even gave us a couple of stickers and silly banz because Ken told them Dax was named after their dog character. I just emailed the guy there to thank him again and asked him to let me know about any Dax items.


We stopped and took pictures with just about every person who was dressed up in Star Wars costumes. The boys loved this, and it was a lot of fun to see how much work some people put into their cosplay. I really would love to do this. It is like Halloween! Yay!


I got cards for many places that I will be hitting up for shopping goodness. Clothing, wigs, etc, all of which were a lot of fun.

And this is not a slam, but seriously, you will feel so pretty as a girl when you go to a geek convention.

Sunday was going to be just the boys and I, but Ken ended up not going to the D&D game he was invited to. So after some errands, we just hung out at the house. Ken and the boys played Star Wars Wii, and I read my book. We even were able to go outside for a while and let the boys and dogs run a bit in the crazy wind. I should have relaxed more if only because of my sick. I am only bad at night, so I really can’t see myself napping.



I am sleepy this morning because of this cold. My nose was honked up last night, making my throat sting and hurt. I really considered sleeping in today and just taking a sick day. But I really want to work out, so my motivation is clear.

I noticed this morning that the skin under my chin, along my neck, is loose. Yep, it means my weight loss is now producing the saggy skin! I am taking this as a victory. The problem is that I don’t want to look my grandfather at only 37. LOL! If I get down to my goal weight, who knows, maybe I will need to go under the knife. That doesn’t sound pleasant. I remember when my mom did it. It looked very painful. So I guess we will just have to see how I deal with my own vanity.


Sleep. I want to sleep. So very badly. This sucks. I may be a bit groggy, too, from the NyQuil. It didn’t knock me out like it normally does, but am starting to wonder if that is part of how I feel right now. I am noticing a sort of disconnect that tends to come from the meds in that stuff.


I am all kinds of flattered this morning. I had sent a FB wall post to the VP our of IT department last week. I addressed him as Mr. Hanken, but mostly to be funny. He emailed me back in a PM and it was awesome! He called me one of the most refreshing personalities at MQ. He also told me he admired my fight and discipline to lose weight. Seriously, this rocks!

No comments: