Monday, June 17, 2013

2 more weeks

6-17-13

Busy week ahead of us.

The repairs that need to be done to the new house need to be completed this week. All of this is for the bank who will we inspecting I am guessing the following week. Escrow closes the first of July. Ken is spending today on the phone getting the contractors to come out and start work on their bids so we can get those items done for close purposes. There is other work that will be done before we move in, but it’s these critical things that we need to do quickly.

Tomorrow the POD comes. I haven’t been this excited in some time. LOL! It means my house will no longer be a maze of boxes and piles. When I get home today I will continue in on more packing since I won’t mind a couple of boxes added to the pile since they are going away! YAY!

Friday is a day of poking and prodding what with me having my PAP and a filling fixed. Yes, multiple orifices will be violated. The good news is that after I am done with all of that, the boys will be staying at my folks so that Ken and I can go see This is the End.

The weekend was good. Friday night we went to dinner for Matt’s birthday. We went to BJ’s, which was quite nummy and happy making. Then it was back to their house for cake and allowing the boys to run around a whole bunch.

Saturday I went with Stephanie over to Daiso where we had a lot of fun checking out all of the random Japanese products, including a giant afro wig in which the guy modeling it was Asian in black face. Yeah, that happened. That place is pretty awesome.

I also took her over to the new house, which she loved. I swear, every time I am there, I feel like it is a dream come true. The place is so freaking awesome. I am very anxious to get everything done so I can start nesting. I am so planning on being a little old lady in this place. I also look forward to being said little old lady with my great grandkids asking what the strange thing on the wall by the kitchen does since I am pretty sure rotary dial phones won’t be something they will have ever dealt with. Hee!

Sunday we went to Don Jose’s for Papa Day. I got to go there 3 times last week and every time was super happy making. I really wish the one closer to us had not gone away.

Since it was Dad’s day, it was lazy. We had all done laundry the night before along with some more packing so it was ok to kind of hang out. Dax and I went out to Target for a couple of items, and when we were done,  I decided to drive by the new house. Dax asked where we were going and I told him home. He was confused since it wasn’t the normal route. I got on 238th and then pointed out the school and asked him what he thought. He said it was cool looking. I told him this was good since he would be attending the school. He laughed and was excited. We then drove by the house and we both enthusiastically said, “Hi House!”

I spent some time hosing the kids and dog down, too, which was much fun. I say dog instead of plural since Lycos will have none of this nonsense. LOL!

I decided to make lasagna for Ken’s dad day dinner. It was a good batch and I was quite pleased. The boys still won’t eat my lasagna, but I know it is only a matter of time before they come to their senses.
Bobby’s wish for Father’s Day was to have the entire family in a game of Minecraft. I gotta say, I wasn’t thrilled about this, but I also knew how important this was to the boys. We played for about an hour. It wasn’t something I would ever do on a regular basis. It doesn’t interest me much. On the plus side, I didn’t do horrible. I managed to shear multiple sheep even while swimming, which is a funny sentence. I also was able to hide out in caves I would make when I got lost trying to get back to shelter. Turns out when it gets dark in the game, the zombies come out and they can fuck you up. In the end, I was ambushed by like 6 zombies who killed me in a second. Sadly, I had no idea where I had been, which meant I lost all my belongings since I could not get back to where I had been. Oh well. It was an interesting night.

The past two nights have been hard core potty training. Yes, both boys are bathroom trained, but Mr. Dax still has night issues. I decided the kid has been coddled what with the pull ups, so I had him wear underwear the last two nights, and he used the alarm. I know Saturday night he was dry, and I don’t recall hearing the alarm last night. I think he had been sort of lazy in a way when he had on the pull ups. Not having that crutch may have got him past this hurdle. I don’t think we are out of the woods, but we are on our way! YAY!
Speaking of woods, Holly’s house is ok!!!! She even got the ok to go back this morning. We have seen a picture of the house and it is ok, but of course there will undoubtedly be some smoke damage. I am anxious to hear how it looks/smells. Over 450 people lost their homes, which is horrible. I can’t imagine and it makes me so very sad for that community.

My dad tried some of his brownies and sadly they didn’t seem to work! I may need to make a new batch since I didn’t shake up the oil which means the oil I have left is probably crazy fucking strong. LOL!

My day should be better if only because the boss is gone today. He is back tomorrow, but the POD delivery will fuel my day. Wednesday is boss free, too, and Friday I am out all day. It is going to be a good fucking week!!!

No comments: