Monday, June 3, 2013

What did we do all weekend?

6-3-13

Purple feels right.

I think the weekend was productive, even though I am not 100% sure. I can go over a list of things accomplished, but I still feel like I didn’t do everything. I don’t know that I can ever do everything. I must have been thinking about more cleaning since I had a dream in which all I did was clean. In a sick an twisted way, it was actually quite relaxing.

The appraisal has been ordered and the understanding is that it will be taking place either today or tomorrow. I am on pins and needles.

We went and looked at a fun place in Hawthorne on Saturday. It was truly quite amazing. The basement was huge and the whole house was fantastic. It also had the rotary dial phone in the kitchen along with a rigged up phone system that allowed you to call the attic or the garage from this one handset they set up. It was charming and roomy and had gorgeous wood all over. It also had a lot of work to be done, so I am kind of glad that we didn’t even have a chance to really consider an offer since by the time we got home they had already accepted an offer.

We also got to go to our hopeful future home and make some measurements to allow us a Lowe’s trip to price out repairs. I gotta say, it is much more fun to be at Lowe’s when you are thinking about your new home.

I prepped breakfast for me for this whole week. I got some lean chicken and I basically just baked it in some cream of chicken with some seasonings. I figure if I have a little bit of lean meats in the morning, it has the protein to get me going. I had my first batch this morning and it was pretty yummy. Who knew I would turn out to be a pretty decent cook?

It turns out that Breezer is a helluva mouser. Last week, I found her and Tonks accosting a bedspread in the playroom and it turned out to be a mouse we are pretty sure escaped from our tank for Hal. This didn’t explain the droppings in our laundry room, though. Ken managed to block off any ways to get out of the laundry room a couple days ago and then yesterday as we worked on laundry, Lucy was freaking out about something on the shelf. Turned out, the mouse was there. Breezer was alerted and she went to work. In a series of amusing “gotchas!” and “Doh!” we finally had the mouse on the run near the litter pans. I moved the trash can where Breezer was on the hunt. The mouse jetted out and almost made it under the dryer. Breezer snagged it in an amazing feat of nature and then pranced proudly off with her kill in mouth. We managed to remove the mouse and put it in one of the tanks for Hal for later. It was quite the adventure.

It looks as though I may be able to get together with a couple of Gunners tomorrow! Lori is in town from San Diego and Jamie is local, but the three of us are going out for drinks hopefully tomorrow night. I have known Jamie since kindergarten, but all three of us were on the Gunners together. It will be super fun to see them again and hang out. I am really looking forward to it.

This evening is the Founders Cup appreciation dinner. Really, Ken is the one who should be invited, not me, since I didn’t do anything. LOL! That being said, I guess I am kind of like his plus one. Besides, I get to see Sue who moved on to Area with Fred and that should be fun. I also like a handful of the soccer folks, which will be nice. I also get to debut my new do!

The week looks to be quite busy beyond that. Wednesday is a birthday party for Fake Jenna from Bobby’s class. It is at Wilson Park right after school. I don’t know if it will be one in which Dax is invited to stay which keeps me there, or if Dax and I will run up to Target to hang out.

Thursday is the board meeting, which is only nice because I want to drive by our hopeful new digs just to say hello. Yeah, so I want to say hi to a house. Is this odd?

Friday is the last day of school, which also means they are having Chuck E Cheese night. My folks are going to meet us there, which is really cool since the boys will like having people hang out with them at the games. More grownups means we don’t have to worry about losing our table, and the boys always have someone hanging with them.

If all goes right, I think Saturday is a day of rest. LOL! 

The boys played a lot of video games yesterday, so I have decided on days like that, they will do squats with me. I am not making them do the 135 that I might have to do in a day (that would be today). I am however making them do a set with me of something like 25. They did 50 yesterday which was good for them. Ken is going to do them with us, too, since he also is guilty of lots of game time. I am also trying to make time for a walk each night, which just allows us to get some moving in.

I am happy that there is no homework this week. That might cause drinking in large quantities.

Tomorrow I get to hang out at Dax’s classroom much of the day. I am really looking forward to it. Ken is picking up pizza and we are both going to help hand it out to the kids. It will be a three class party, similar to last year since Mrs. Kelly is one of the classes. I am curious as to how many parents will be there. Either way, I think it should be interesting all around.

I don’t know that Friday will be a day in which they get out earlier than the 12:30 dismissal time. This means I may end up working much of the day. I will find out hopefully as the week progresses. Hell, if the boxes we ordered show up, I may just take the day off anyway and pack!


Let’s just hope that come Friday I will feel like celebrating!

No comments: