Thursday, June 13, 2013

I can post again!

6-13-13

2 years have passed.

A bike ride is scheduled for our little family today. We will ride when Ken gets back from his afternoon class. I am not sure where we will go aside from just Wilson Park. Maybe we can ride over to the new house just for the hell of it. Either way, it should be done and it will make me feel better about the day.

Holly’s house is so far not on the destroyed list of homes in the Black Forest fire. That being said, there are homes close to her that have burned and as of this morning it is still a zero percent contained blaze. The winds are picking up and it is still hot out that way. It is all some scary shit. Holly and I have texted back and forth, checking in, so I at least have a direct line to her, which makes me feel a little better.

My body is all kinds of off this morning. I am sure I am fighting off the sadness of Doug along with the annoying fact that I am once again late this month. Sheesh. I don’t even think I am “late” anymore so much as my cycle just now seems to be every 35 days. I do like having more time in between periods, but I don’t like wondering if I am prego. The Dollar Tree stick says no, and I am choosing to believe that since my understanding is those are just as accurate as the pricey variety.

Today is a no squat day, which I guess is good since it looks like tomorrow I have to do 220! Sheesh! I am still breaking them down into sets of 30, which seems to be a good amount at a time. I feel like I am stronger, but I don’t honestly know how much this is doing for me. In reality, I just like the idea of sticking with some kind of program till the end. I only have 6 more days of the program, so I think it will be good.
Brandy took the boys and I out to dinner last night to Don Jose’s. Always a nummy treat. The boys laughed at Brandy’s antics, including a story about a dog named Bark which still has them barking this morning.

The POD shows up to our house on Tuesday, thankfully. I gotta say I am getting quite tired of the box navigation that takes place in the house right now. I also need them cleared out so I can see what actually is left to pack up. In all actuality, there is quite a bit to pack, but it is one of those things where I have to determine what can be packed right now and what should wait. I also want to take all the yard sale stuff out of the house and put it on the side of the house.

I have a problem. It is called Candy Crush. I have been playing it now for a couple weeks. It is incredibly mindless, which is what is great about it. I can sit in the bathroom and zone out for 10 minutes which is perfect. The problem is that I started playing even more often. This morning at my desk before anyone else was in, I found myself playing. The other day I found out there is an easy way to always have energy and not have to wait the 20 minutes for each life. I have done this more often than I am proud to admit. I like having this distraction, but I worry that I can’t stop. LOL!


No comments: