Tuesday, June 25, 2013

walking and rocking

6-25-13

I rock.

It was a mega productive day again in Brenan land. Once I got home from work (with kids in tow since Ken and the boys met me for lunch!) Dax and I set out for the new house. I had my AYSO deposit in my backpack along with water for all three of us (Miss Luna accompanied us as well) and we set out on foot. It was a really nice walk, especially being able to chit chat with Mr. Dax. We showed up at the new place about 2 minutes before Ken, Bobby and Lycos who had driven over since we were meeting with some contractors about the asbestos removal.

While there, I was able to go through all of the paint booklets Ken had picked up for me and we came up with colors for many of the walls. I am quite pleased! They are nice colors, and not too dark. Our bedroom will still end up the darkest since the red I want goes well with our dark furniture. We are trying to figure out what would be good for the trim on that.

Ken started work on painting the windows and walls of the playroom while I worked on some standard domestic things like laundry and dishes. Tonight my plan is to pack up more of our bedroom since once the playroom is painted, Ken and I are moving in there so we can paint our room.

I was pretty beat by bedtime.  I must have slept pretty well since I had some awesome zombie dreams. For some reason, my random goofy songs were appealing to the zombies and I was able to lead them away all pied piper like.

Escrow officially closes on the 1st. Hee!!

Of course, the Falena house went on the market yesterday. Sigh. It is ok since I feel that our house is better. It is a similar layout and in the Cul De Sac, but the house is not as open feeling. I still love that place, don’t get me wrong, I just think the one we got is better. They spent some extra time and ended up remodeling the kitchen and pulled up all the old carpet and refinished the floors. It is now listed at $529. I am following it since I would like to see what it ends up going for.

My mom and my MIL have both expressed interest in tree trimming and removal for the new property. I really don’t want them doing that. I really want to do that myself. It is one thing I think I can actually accomplish on my own, and to be honest, I didn’t like how Ken’s mom trimmed Sideshow Bob for our wedding. It was terrifying. I am ok to some degree with their help in removal of items I don’t want at all, but I don’t need them “fixing” existing plants that I don’t want. I am starting to feel a bit bossy on things but I am the one who will be looking at the vegetation for the rest of my life and I don’t want it being annoying.


No comments: