Friday, June 14, 2013

Happy birthday Matt-how are you 37 now?????

6-14-13

Happy birthday little bro!

If I can make it through today I will be proud. I have been so uninspired at work lately that I feel like I sit here and just stare at the screen for 25 minutes. I wish I could even chalk it up to something like being tired, but honestly, this morning I feel revved up and ready to go. I haven’t even had any coffee yet!

I have done 50 squats already and it isn’t 6 yet. I feel pretty damn good about it, too. We did our little bike ride yesterday in memory of Doug. We only rode up to the grocery store, but the destination wasn’t what was important. The ride also allowed me to finally give one of my little happy packs to the super sweet security guard that we pass all the time. It made me feel all kinds of good.

I managed to bathe both pups yesterday. It is quite a process as they are not tiny dogs. Plus, Miss Lycos was covered in flea yuck. Poor pup can’t scratch herself because her body just doesn’t do what she wants it to do. Even though she acted miserable in the tub, I think she felt fantastic after because she wasn’t trying to scratch and she seemed comfy. I was pleased. I also managed to brush out like a pound of fur. No joke. That dog has always been a shedder. Both my dogs look fantastic now, though.

Luna got her working dog harness in the mail! We need to sew on the patches and then I can take her in stores with me. I need to keep working with her manners, but overall she does such a good job. I am excited. Luna may even be more so. LOL!

This evening is dinner with my parents for Matt’s birthday. Thankfully Matt has stopped insisting on going to Johnny Rockets and has upgraded significantly with his request for BJ’s Grill. Once we get back to their place to do cake, I believe my dad is planning on partaking in brownie goodness. He is really jonzing to try out his dad’s day present.

No new news on Holly’s house. Although she is out of the fire perimeter, the winds have shifted again and as of right now it doesn’t look good what with the fire only being 5% contained. They also have not issued an updated house list. Hopefully the fire fighters make some progress today, and hopefully they all stay safe.


No comments: