Thursday, June 20, 2013

I am way too excited

6-20-13

The bug circus is in full swing.

We drove past our new digs to check out the fumigation efforts. Seeing that all made some of it more real to me, which was awesome. I am anxious to see how the woodwork that gets started on Monday will look.
We drove down towards the new school and I noted that it was open. In addition to that, their last day isn’t until tomorrow, so we were able to stop in and speak to the office peeps. We got registration packets and she said if I can turn in most of the paperwork on Friday, she can get the info into the computer at the least, and then come August when she gets back, we can bring the proof of residency. Yay!

The most shocking thing about the packet was that ALL of it was in English. That’s right, no second page with Spanish, no hint that they even knew what Spanish was. Hee!

We also wandered the school a bit, checking it out. It was nice to be at a school that also had all permanent buildings that were not bungalows. There is grass on all three playgrounds. There is a locked bike rack in the middle of the school so as to not tempt kids to mess with the bikes when at recess. It is everything I want for my kids. YAY!

At this point, our travels took us to Home Depot where we priced flooring. We are carpeting the Halldale house, in addition to putting down new linoleum in the kitchen. Did you know their installation is only $70 for the whole house?? Dude, awesome! We picked out a carpet and once we get all the painting done, we can carpet.

Ken and the boys had put all of the packed boxes into the POD which now sits in our driveway. He also was able to clear out the playroom entirely, leaving only my clothing in the closet, which I removed and am now borrowing the boys’ closet. LOL! I don’t mind. It means we can get the room done. Ken worked on the windows that needed new sealant and paint chipped off. Ken hopes to paint today. Not sure if he is concentrating on the room or the front of the house. Either way, I assume he will be exhausted when I arrive home.

I spent some time packing up yet another box of clothing of mine. I may have a problem. LOL! I also spent the afternoon filling out the packets for the boys which left my hand sore. I don’t have to handwrite a lot of things anymore. What is sad is that these packets are positively tiny compared to the ones I have had to fill out for Halldale, but it still seemed like a small novel.

We are hoping to bring down stuff from the attic on Sunday morning. Ken wanted to do it during a morning since it gets hot up there. We apparently have a lot of boxes to go through since not all of it is packed for a move. Hopefully we can get the attic mostly done on Sunday since then we can put some concentration into the garage.

Yes, I know we still have time, especially since we won’t be moving until probably August, but it is amazing how quickly a month flies by. Plus, by doing it the way we have been, we can do it all carefully and be able to get rid of things instead of just tossing everything in boxes in a rush.

I have a feeling carpet/flooring in the Halldale place will end up happening after we have mostly moved all of our belongings into the new digs since it will mean there is nothing in the way of installation. In fact, my guess is the flooring will be one of the last things done.

I wonder if come 4th of July weekend I am allowed to start painting the new house. And if this is the case, I would like to go check out colors.

I think Ken will be packing up the Lego soon, too, since summer camp starts July 1. Ken and the boys even have class on July 5th. I took that day off so I could work on the house stuff. I should be able to have 4 days worth of house time! YAY!

At the very least, I might be able to do some yard work at the new place come 4th of July. I know both my mom and Ken’s mom are interested in doing tree work, but dammit, I want to do some of it, too! Dax and I have already decided on where we are going to plant a couple of lemon trees. We also discussed where the play structure will go.

There is a bunch of what looks to be mostly firewood in the area we are making into the catio. I need to figure out how to get rid of that. It may just be one of those things where we get one of the soft dumpsters and fill that puppy with all of the debris. We can also do some of it slowly since we will probably need said dumpster for other things like the rec room flooring.

Part of me really wants to get out our inflatable mattresses and have us all sleep at the new place one night of the 4th of July weekend just because.



No comments: