Thursday, June 19, 2014

Cup

6-19-14

The ick seems to have explanation now.

What an exciting afternoon! We went down to Hermosa Beach with prospects of seeing the Kings with the Stanley Cup. Ken picked an amazing spot. We were in a spot that wasn’t far from where we parked and we had way less crowd than there was in Manhattan Beach. We also were within a few steps of the Cup! It was awesome! KCAL 9 even had video of us from the helicopters we saw. It was really quite enjoyable.

Today is the last day of school. The boys get out at 11:45. I am going to leave work at 11 so I can go with Ken to get them. I don’t need to, but I really want to. It won’t be long before they don’t want me around when school milestones are happening, so I might as well live it up at this point. Plus, I would like to be able to see a couple of his friends. Nathan told me yesterday at the school that he wasn’t coming today as they were going to a wedding in Canada. I am hopeful that the boys get in touch with him over the summer break.
I do like that I can still surprise the boys from time to time. I went and changed into my swim suit without them noticing and then jumped into the pool. They were quite amused and it resulted in a family swim.

My poor Lily. She is not offended by the water but she certainly isn’t the part duck that Luna is. She will jump in the water and can swim enough, but ultimately she would much rather swim up to someone so they can hold her while in the pool. She just wants to hang out with us. She sits on the ladder but sometimes she gets so excited about seeing us, she makes the decision to swim with us. It is pretty pathetic, but adorable at the same time. The best part about the swimming, though, is I feel like I get the dogs some good exercise.

I need to come up with a good exercise program of my own. I figure I will still have some time to work on projects when I get home from work during July when Ken and the boys are at camp all day, but I also want to take some time to sweat. I may just go with the dogs on a nice long walk each day when I get home. I figure an hour a day is more than reasonable to walk. Sure, it is just walking, but that is how I got started before. I am going to have Ken set up the Wii, too. I figure some yoga using that would be good. I know I don’t need that, but it might be a way to motivate myself better.


No comments: