Monday, June 9, 2014

weekend in front of the tube

6-9-14

I feel like I should be more tired.

In reality, I don’t feel that tired at all. I had an eventful weekend and didn’t break from all of the adventures. I will take that as a win.

I know I planned on getting through the entire season of OITNB, but I still have 3 episodes left. We watched more than half on Friday night before I knew that sleep would be in order for me to truly enjoy anymore. We were able to see one on Saturday before the Kings game and we watched probably 2 yesterday evening. I could have forced myself to stay up, but then again, it means I still have more and I won’t be sad that they are gone.

The season has been freaking intense. I have loved every minute, even though I yelled at characters and hated on the new “villain”. I don’t anticipate being able to watch any tonight what with there being a game on tonight, but hopefully tomorrow. We shall see. It looks to be another eventful week so I am unsure of my time.

We worked on Eydie, getting the last of the trash and crap done in the driveway. Ken still needs to install the new facet in the kitchen and there is a window to be replaced along with a general scrub down, but it is ready. The one renter we had may not pan out, so hopefully if I list it again Ken can get in touch with some of the folks that are interested.

Bobby’s cheese costume is done! Ken did an amazing job with his crafting a cardboard box into a slice of Swiss cheese. He painted it yesterday. It will be awesome! Hopefully now I can get Bobby to remember his lines. He was doing well last week but the weekend seems to have sucked them out of his head. Tonight will be spent drilling him on them.

One of the coolest things about the weekend is how much time I spent at home. Sure, we went and did some errands, but it was nice just chilling in front of the television. Ok, chilling may not be an appropriate word being that much of that time was spent in emotional turmoil for characters on a show and stress over a hockey game, but it was still wonderful.

We went to brunch with my folks to Mimi’s Café on Sunday for my birthday. Matt was feeling particularly feisty, arguing on more things than normal. I am thankful I was in a good mood and didn’t get sucked into his mode.


No comments: