Monday, June 2, 2014

Help Me, Roomba!

6-2-14

Back to normal this week should make for a much better week.

I am ready for some down time. As much as this sounds silly, sitting at my desk is actually bringing me that. It was a chaotic weekend and I am sore. Yesterday was what made for all of the aches and pains. We worked at Eydie much of the day. I did touch up paint while Ken finished some molding. We did a lot of clean up, too. On Saturday we hope to finish the rest of cleaning. Some of the cleanup really is just gathering the last of the crap outside. All of this work did leave me sore and despite multiple showers, still covered in paint.

In addition to the work, Alyssa and Sarah challenged me to a 30 day exercise thing. Ken offered to do it with me at night, so we embarked on the situps, pushups, squats and lunges. Ouch. It should be interesting.
Saturday, even though being super busy, was actually kind of nice. Registration could very well have been stressful. We didn’t have our normal spot inside the cafeteria so we were outside. The boss wasn’t there because he was sick. It could very well have been a time in which I was freaking out. Instead, I had no problems with the money. I also helped some parents out, which is so unlike me. Plus, I really do feel so much like a little family with these people. They make me feel not only useful, but also well liked. I also have to admit I enjoyed being the point of contact for many things. The boss kept texting me to let everyone know what was up since he knew I would be the one who would get the texts before anyone else. It made me feel all special.

Friday night, Ken and I went and watched the Kings at a local sports bar. It was a lot of fun being around all the fans. It was a damn shame they lost, but thankfully they made up for it last night. The bar we went to seems to be a great place to watch the game, and there is even a restaurant which means we can bring the boys. It’s no National’s, but it will have to do for now.

It looks to be a hectic week again. Ken has a soccer dinner, and I have a rabies clinic to take the dogs to on Wednesday. On top of that, we have our board meeting on Thursday. I am hoping to get back into a good dog walking habit. This will get both the girls and I some well needed exercise.

Ken got me an early birthday present. I now am the proud owner of a Roomba! YAY!!! He is currently charging and will be released this evening when we can all watch. I know I have officially become a grownup when a motorized vacuum is what tickles me. Wow, that sounded dirty. LOL!!!


No comments: