Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Here fishy fishy fishy

6-25-14

I got to touch Turk.

Ok, yes, that was a fun highlight of my Monday adventures, but certainly not the only thing that made it great. If anything, it was just some sprinkles on the icing on the cake.

We went out to Hollywood early, which turned out to be a fantastic plan. We were the first people in line which allowed us access to the best seats in the theatre for the event. We were also early enough that we went and got some food beforehand.

There was a sushi place next to the theatre, and they happened to be in the midst of happy hour, so we went there. I didn’t eat any sushi, but I knew Ken would enjoy it. I had some teriyaki. This wasn’t some hole in the wall sushi place. This was fancy pants. This meant there was no fork. I was not prepared for this, but Ken helped me and I managed to consume my meal with only two pieces of wood. I was so proud. I even ate a bowl of rice! Yay!

We sat in the first row, which would not normally be ideal for sitting in the cineramadome, but for the Q&A after it was perfect. It meant Zach Braff was inches from me. Seriously, this was fantastic.

The movie was brilliant. I loved it very much. It was a perfect blend of laugh out loud hysterical and heart wrenchingly sad parts. Mandy Patikin was in it, and he gave an amazing performance. The cast was great and I was a mess after from all the crying and laughing. Movies that are that exhausting to watch are always great.

Zach did a huge selfie with everyone in the theatre and I managed to be standing right next to Donald Faison. Yeah, that freaking happened. It was awesome!

I am glad I opted to not go to work. I was beat. I also was excited to take the boys on an outing. I am glad I looked into the tickets I had for Mulligans since they said they were not valid on a weekday. So instead of doing that, we ended up at the aquarium, which turned out to be a lot of fun. We also got a pass so we can go back.

We spent a lot of time petting the rays and sharks. Dax was quite enchanted by them. I really think they could have spent all day just watching them. I remember taking them when they were younger, and it was clear this was the place for SAHMs to go with little kids. It never sucked them in the way it did now. I think we had been taking our kids there too early in life for them to truly appreciate it.

I think the plan now is to try to hit up Mulligans on Friday after I get off work. Hopefully it isn’t too crowded. Then again, I may wait since I don’t need to spoil them with everything in one week.

Ken’s camp starts next week, which is also when my free afternoons kick in. Of course, I think they get home still relatively early next week, but I will still not have as much to worry about aside from standard chores. I may need to dig out my pedometer and start working on the 10K steps. I also will hopefully get out the Wii soon. I want to do yoga.

It doesn’t look to be too hot this afternoon, so hopefully I can take the pups for a walk. Then again, I think they get more out of a swimming afternoon. Ken has a soccer game at 7, which means we will most likely tag along. Swimming may take too much time.

I saw a girl yesterday with purple hair. I was jealous.

Ken is replacing some windows at Eydie today along with installing a new kitchen faucet. It sounds like an all work kind of day.

I really need to win the lottery. I think I might actually be one of those people who would rather stay home all day.


No comments: