Friday, June 20, 2014

School's out for summer!!!

6-20-14

I may have gotten distracted today.  I didn’t start to write this until 6:30!

School is out! YAY! I went home early in order to get to the school. Turned out we had been invited to Mr. Chin’s class to see a slide show of the year’s activities. Mr. Chin did an amazing job taking lots of video and pictures of the class all year and it was a about a 40 minute show of the kids having a fantastic year. I loved every minute of it.

I love the fact that a couple of Bobby’s friends were happy to see Ken and I. Nathan gave me a big hug! I also got to read through the Pilot of the Week letters written to Bobby when he shared his artifacts and pictures. They were positively adorable. The shock and awe for how many animals we have was super funny. I also melted every time these kids talked about what a good friend Bobby is. You could tell this in the letters and in the slide show since every time that kid was on screen, the class almost cheered. It warms my heart that he has been embraced by his class of peers.

I have to admit the afternoon could have been used more wisely. That being said, I enjoyed hanging out and watching House with Ken. We never saw the last two seasons of the show we loved so much and when it came out on Netflix it was like Christmas for us. I think we watched like 4 episodes.

Ken and the boys are cleaning my house today. Well, in reality they are going to Costco and Target since there are supplies to get. I will be happy to clean when I get home. The new plan is my folks are not keeping them overnight. They will come over in the morning and let the boys swim all day while Ken and I are at registration. I need the house clean for this along with the fact that tomorrow night we have people over for game night. Busy times ahead!

I know there was a handful of things needed at Costco, and I am in the process of making a list, but of course I should have been writing things down as they came to me since now I know I am forgetting things. I hate that!!

I am excited about hostess mode tomorrow evening. I am even considering having a BBQ next Saturday since Lomita is having fireworks that night and we can totally see them from the house. Maybe I need to invite some kiddos over for swim time.

Dax has a party he is going to on Sunday. He is really excited since I think this may be one of the first parties he has been invited to himself as opposed to just tagging along with Bobby. It also allows me to have some Bobby time. Yay!


No comments: