Tuesday, June 3, 2014

sore and happy

6-3-14

It hurts to stand up and sit down.

Once I am doing one or the other I seem to be ok. It is the process of these motions. These squats are kicking my ass. Ken and I did day two of the exercises and I am pleased we made it. I am planning on breaking up the squats and lunges into a little at a time for today. I can do the sit ups and pushups all at once this evening.

In addition to the stretching style exercise, the pups and I walked up to the library and a little more before heading to the school. I know it was a decent walk since Lily was even tired. It must have also been good for my soul since I was able to be relatively calm during homework, managing to not only understand but explain the estimation process they were using in the division Bobby had to do. We even laughed a lot! Yay!

We went to the store when Ken got home so that I could deal with the AYSO deposit along with obtaining some spaghetti sauce. We ended up getting more items, including some things for salads! Yay! I have prepped about 6 salads worth for the week, which makes me happy. I should have defrosted some of the grilled chicken, but I can do that for tomorrow’s lunch.

I think I slept better than most nights, although I know I tossed and turned a bit, unable to completely get comfortable. I am not sure what that is about. I may need to readjust my nesting.

I made an appointment for Lily and Sissy for a spay on the 13th. It works out quite well since I am out that day since it is the family day/Olympics at the school. I can take the girls down in the morning and then pick them up after school. It works out quite well, really.

It was tough not making the appointment for Trixie as well. There have been so many reminders of her it kills me. We have our monthly weigh in due and I realized she would not have a weight. I also have cleared out a spot for her in the mausoleum.

Roomba now has a name. He is Moe! Anyone who has seen Wall E will understand. We set Moe out and he wandered the house with a mission. Lucy and Sissy were the most disturbed about the robot’s activities. When Breezer was notified of the intruder she also made a point of keeping an eye on Moe. Moe at one point actually pushed Girlie out of the way, which was pretty damned funny.

Tonight is voting, which will be our first official vote in the city of Torrance. It is a good time to be voting in this city. A new mayor is being decided, which is kind of exciting. Look, I don’t care about politics for the most part, but I do understand that I am now in a city where I feel like my vote may count. I like the idea of being a part of this community for a long time.

I drove past the house yesterday that the three little girls were killed. I knew that by getting off the freeway where I did that it would take me near the neighborhood, but I didn’t realize the street I went down was where their house was. Such a shame that this woman was most likely suffering from post-partum depression. That being said, she sounds pretty unstable across the board. She killed her daughters, then stabbed herself. When her mother showed up, she tried to kill her! The mind is a strange place. 3 kids under the age of 3 in your house would drive anyone a little batty, but if this woman didn’t know how to handle it, or how to recognize what she was going through, I am sad for her. One of these days she will realize what she has done, and I am guessing that will torture her for the rest of her life. I am very sad for the dad, too.


I got my Pyramid Collection catalog. Holy crap, there is too much awesome in there. I found a half a dozen things I must have. I think I will treat myself with one of the dresses. Perhaps it will be a birthday present from me to me.





Bobby’s class is doing a play called the Cheese Stands Alone. He is playing Swiss Cheese. We need to make him a costume so he looks like cheese. He also has several lines, which we will be practicing this week. It is pretty cool that the play is on my birthday. I feel like it is all for me. Boy, talk about selfish. That being said, when I got the date change yesterday and told Bobby it was awesome that they were doing the play on my birthday, he was really excited and pleased at how happy I was. That makes it all worthwhile.  

No comments: