Monday, June 16, 2014

KINGS WIN THE CUP!!!!!!

6-16-14

What a weekend!

Ok, sure, it helped that it was 3 days, but either way, it rocked!

Friday morning, Sissy, Lily and I headed down to the shelter. I was glad that the amount of people seemed to be way less on a Friday than on Saturdays. That being said, I still had to deal with the self-righteous “rescuers”.  

I had sat in the car for a bit noting that only one old lady was in line. Then when another woman showed up with her pup and it was 6:15 (the place opened at 6:30), I went ahead and gathered my girls to go stand in line.

Sissy had managed to tear the small hole in her carrier into a large enough hole to stick her head out. She didn’t seem to have issue, though, and I held the carrier in such a way that it was more like I was holding Sissy and she had a protective mesh barrier around her. Lily was being wonderful.

Old lady turned out to be the people I hate the most at shelters. She tried to lecture me on having my cat in line when there might be more dogs. I explained calmly that I was fine. She was a complete bitch about it, too. I pretty much ignored her and attended to my girls. I was talking to both Lily and Sissy and I think this made the people there with their own pets smile. The additional rescue folks who showed up seemed to still be annoyed.

It seems to me that too many of these women (I don’t see a lot of men) are cold and pissy and don’t even care about the cats they are bringing in. As if that isn’t enough, they are arrogant and rude, and truly quite ignorant to so many things.

I got home with plenty of time to get changed to go to the school for the Olympics. It was a fantastic time there. The boys each had a field event and a running event. Dax did hula hoop, coming in third place. Bobby did an obstacle course. Bobby ran a 50 meter dash. He came in last, but he ran his little heart out. It was pretty amazing, really. He was confused at how proud I was of him despite coming in last. I explained that he never gave up and ran hard. That is all I ask.

Dax smoked em!

He ran a 40 meter dash and was so far out in front he actually looked behind him a few times. It was like watching the last scenes of the Incredibles where Dash would run slow then fast all with the coaxing of his parents. Dax is very fast.

Sadly, I did not plan things well. I didn’t consider the idea that I would be sitting in direct sunlight for several hours. As a result, my thighs were burned to a crisp.

We took the boys out (as did most people) after the Olympics and went to lunch and to go pick up the girls. We even went into the shelter to look around. I was good. I didn’t bring home any of the kittens I fell in love with. LOL!!

Stephanie and Sabrina came over. The kids swam while we watched the Kings play. It was a really fun night! We drank and talked and cheered when the Kings won their second Stanley Cup in 3 years. It was freaking amazing!

Saturday should have probably been a smidge more productive. I need to clean the house this week now since I did very little over the 3 days. We did tackle laundry, but even that still is being worked on. I did manage to get out to the mall to get Matt a present for his birthday. We went to dinner that night and then back to my parents’ house for cake.

Ken got involved in a phone call with Andy and Papa Brenan regarding the network. Papa Brenan had a freaky health scare and had been in the hospital with A-Fib but was now home resting. The hospital sent him home with these words, “Well, you are mostly stable, so we will send you home now.” Yeah, cause that is reassuring. Sigh.

With Ken on the call and the boys playing their games, I visited with my folks. Of course, I was also a good daughter and I showed them how to use their vape. Hee hee! It is truly a surreal moment when you take a couple hits with your parents, locked in their bathroom so the kids don’t see.

Sunday morning took us to Don Jose’s for Dad’s day nummies. We then went and saw How to Train Your Dragon, which seriously killed me. It was super funny and awesome, but damn! Talk about heart wrenching! Sheesh! I was not prepared for all the crying.

This week will be crazy. Thursday is their last day. Tuesday is Bobby’s class picnic. Wednesday we are going down to Manhattan Beach to hopefully see the Stanley Cup. Saturday is registration and game night! I already feel tired. LOL!


Now I get to have two days of boss free bliss at work. I have my Toothless game open and I am playing it in between working. Yay!

No comments: