Monday, June 30, 2014

Den of Slack

6-30-14

Lazy.

It’s true. I was incredibly lazy all weekend. I did have bursts of productivity, but ultimately I found myself chillin on the couch watching House with Ken. I am not complaining. I figure we are allowed those kind of weekends from time to time.

Yesterday, though, I did managed to go through toys with the boys and we have bagged up 7 bags worth of toys they don’t play with anymore. They will all go to Savers this week. It was a surprisingly easy task with them being so open minded to it all. They know they don’t play with any of this stuff anymore. The cleanup really helped the look of the toy corner so I am all kinds of happy. I am sure some of my tasks this week will be vacuum and straighten work.

The cage is the only real issue.

Ittles is trying to die. She had been in isolation due to her chicken allergy flaring up again. She had gotten into something, which could have been as simple as a crumb of dog food, and it caused horrible inflammation of her butt. One10 had the same issue, but I know hers has been more due to her being 18 years old. That being said, both had been spending some time in the cages. Ken rigged it up so two were combined, which allowed them to have much more room.

Ittles decided not to even eat the food she is allowed. They ran out of water at some point, but I don’t think it had been so long that they should have had issue. One 10 came out of the cage a little weak, but she bounced back after just a little water. Ittles was suffering from not only dehydration, but the fact that she wasn’t eating did not help.

We spent time this weekend giving her syringes of water. We even tried getting her to eat some hot dog (a favorite of hers, and the kind we had has no chicken) but she wasn’t having it. She ate some butter we smeared on her foot, but not much.

Ken is going to take her by Dr. Steinam’s today to see about sub-cutaneous fluids. I worry that it isn’t just dehydration that is her problem, but it seems like the good jumping off point. This morning she was resting in the bathroom and I watch her crawl into the shower to pee (which was much less messy than other places she has peed). She has some fight in her, so fingers crossed that we don’t lose a third halfway through this year.

Ken’s camp starts today, which means chaos galore for him all day. I am guessing they are heading to the school rather early this morning.

Saturday’s outing to the movies with Bobby’s class was less than I had hoped for. The kids that showed up were not Bobby’s close friends, so I think he was disappointed. The kids didn’t all sit together, mostly opting to sit with their family. Bobby did sit next to Mr. Chin, which was cool, but I know it wasn’t his first choice. Hopefully we can set up a play date with some of his friends later this month.

Saturday night we did get to see fireworks, and subsequently how Lily is going to react come Friday. We had the best seats on out back porch. It was really awesome! There were lots of people along our street who had parked in order to watch, also. Luna was more annoyed with all the people than she was about the colorful explosions above her. Lily was not thrilled with this event. She was pretty freaked out, opting to cower behind Dax much of the show. Because of this, I am more confident that bringing both pups with us on Friday is a good idea. It will mean she can tuck her little body in my lap and feel less freaked out than being left home with no people.

I am hoping to blue my hair this week. We did a blonding yesterday, which still left this teal tint which annoys me greatly. It looks like it is on purpose, but still. So I think the last step will be the lightening powder which was super gentle and seemed to work well. Then I can have the blue put on knowing the hair is super prepped to soak up color. Then I can get a red and white ribbon and wear it in my hair Friday and be all fake patriotic.

On the way out of the movie, we noted a huge sale at Old Navy. It was big enough that they had a line outside the store because inside was at maximum occupancy. We opted to go check it out. Turned out they had dollar flip flops, which in itself was great being that the boys needed some. I also found $4 tanks and other things. The problem was, I was too excited for my own good. There were tons of items for $4. I knew there were kid shorts for $4. I found a rack with what I thought was the $4 shorts and grabbed like 8 pair. Sadly, I had missed the sign that these were only on sale for $14. We waited in a 30 minute line only to not end up getting any shorts. LOL! I did get flip flops, though, and a couple tanks and shirts for the dogs (don’t judge).

National Games start this week. They need help with goals this evening. I think we will head down there to help out. I am considering walking to Wilson Park when I get home from work and doing the walk there and then having Ken and the boys meet me there so we can set up goals. Then they can drive us all home. It all depends on what our schedule is like this evening. I want to help with the games, but I also don’t want to overcommit.

The boss is out all week. It is a 4th of July miracle! I do have reports tomorrow, but those are always less of a pain when he isn’t here. Plus, it makes for a quick day. I am hoping that the week will be good in general. With Ken and the boys at camp until about the time I get off work, I know that whatever cleanup is done in the afternoons will last all day making chores less of a pain in the ass. Plus, I will get to maybe start tackling the garage boxes. I figure I need to go to Savers to take those toys, I might as well make it a worthwhile trip.


No comments: