Monday, September 14, 2009

Another bad day

9-14-09

Yet another one bites the dust.

My girl Renee was let go Friday afternoon after I left. This time they told her she didn’t fit the corporate image. Mind you, nobody here can tell you what that image is being that our image has never been defined by anything super corporate. I just got off the phone with her and she told me that in reality she had been butting heads with our new pres since day one. This is a new dude who is an “efficiency” expert who is making changes without knowing the people. Fred and I talked about him a bit this morning, and he doesn’t trust him at all. Fred did tell me that I was the brightest person in the department, so that is nice to hear, but he pointed out that he had ZERO say in why Tammy got let go. In fact, his choice was someone else. On top of that, he isn’t even sure the boss had any say. But with Renee, she said they had an argument over something, including that he told her she was too nice to the customers. What the hell?? She is a receptionist! Is she supposed to bark at them????

It has been a non work morning, with now Fred, Glenda and MaryAnn all coming to me to talk about it. I don’t tend to get a lot of visitors talking about what went down. I guess it means I am truly part of the dept and that people appreciate me.

Glenda told me that our dept is up first on the breakfast with new head boss man. He had said in a meeting that he wanted to meat with depts and just hear what we have to say. It means he is scoping out who should stay and who should go. Not sure if we will have any warning. Not sure if I need to dress all nice and mind my P’s and Q’s since I have the ability to rub folks wrong. I also want to make a point of not being too quiet since I need to be able to stand out. It is a fine line that I am not interested in walking.

Fred thinks the move won’t happen in the next week or anything. He thinks by the end of the year. Talk is that they don’t want us to grow and that ultimately the image desired from us all is a Japanese culture, similar to our parent company.

I feel so out of sorts. Not even sure what I have written thus far.

My weekend was good. Friday night, hung out with Brandy for a bit. We had not really had a chance to hang out in forever. It was good to see her and talk in real time not email. LOL!

Saturday, I started cleaning, and got a lot done. Went to Stephanie’s for the afternoon to see her new digs. Very cute! The boys were a little crazy, so I got them home early enough that they didn’t destroy anything.

Sunday-well, the rest of Sunday was awesome. Don Jose’s, did a bunch of organizing, went in the pool, pleasant evening all around. Bowling. Umm..yeah.

I had to be in the bathroom 3 times with the boys for bathroom needs. I had to clean up spilled milk. Matt ditched Bobby and hurt his feelings (also smacked him when he was being too rough, which didn’t help him). Matt bickered with Ken and everyone really over something I didn’t even see because I was tending to the milk. It was chaos. I was spent. I yelled at Matt at the end. He had ran off, not taking Bobby with him like he normally does. Bobby was hurt, so I walked with the boys and got to the door and Matt comes over and tells Bobby to open the door for him. I yelled. I told him to NEVER tell my son to open the door for him, especially after ditching him. Bobby seemed to appreciate me standing up for him, and he refused to go with Matt at all. So I walked with both the boys, Matt trying to hold Bobby’s hand. I was done. So done.

Oh, yes, and some old guy there asked me if Dax was a boy or a girl. Are you freaking kidding me???

Did I mention I was done?

The new policy of the front door at my work being closed meant that Ken and the boys couldn’t come and surprise me just now. So lame! They had just dropped the mama cat off to get spayed, and they wanted to come surprise me. With the conditions going on right now, I don’t see that happening. Heck, they may never be able to come in this building again. Poor Bobby was all upset, Dax was even screaming when Ken was on the phone telling me to come to the back because he thought they were not going to my work anymore. They were happy to see me, though.

I am sure I had more to talk about but I really am so out of sorts. So I think I will stop now and come back later if anything so inspires me.

It has been a busy morning. Good deal, really. It made it go by pretty quickly. After work, we are going to go get Mama Cat. I think we will get the boys first. Then maybe BBQ hot dogs for dinner and some playing out back since I would like to keep the house clean. Plus, how many more nice summer days do we have left, you know?

Grammie sold her place. We are going out there Saturday to help her move. Not a lot, mind you. Just a load. She already got most of it out. We are picking up our bedroom set, and my mom, who had not planned on helping, felt guilty, so we are all going now. They will also help us put the dresser in Dax’s room. I don’t now how we are getting it in the house, so I think our bookshelf cleaning will need to happen this week. I am actually kind of wishing we had just used that bed for Dax, especially since it matches everything. Who knows, maybe we will do that anyway. We will see since I think it is much bigger than Dax’s current bed, so it won’t be right.

I enjoyed the MTV awards. The MJ tribute was amazing. The Kanye stuff, wow, he needs to go away. And Lady GaGa? What the hell?? I will give it to her, though. She was interesting.

No comments: